Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Graduation
Last Post 25 Oct 2010 05:34 PM by Old Guard2. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
m0ngoos3

--
13 Oct 2010 05:16 PM
    I've been trying to find a schedule online, but I haven't been able to find one. Can anyone please tell me what my exact graduation date--seeing as I don't get pushed back for any reason--will be if I ship December 14th? I need to tell my family a date soon so they can start planning, buying tickets, etc...
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    13 Oct 2010 05:20 PM
    4 February
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    m0ngoos3

--
    16 Oct 2010 12:16 PM
    Are you absolutely certain? Where did you get your information?
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    16 Oct 2010 12:41 PM
    goose, you will be provided that exact information while in boot camp...there are some variables that need to be considered...for some reason or another you may be reverted back a week or two or even more...or you may end up with an injury that sets you back some as well, or you may not have any problems and graduate on time.

Planning an exact graduation date can be difficult, and costly if planning on buying airplane tickets and hotel rooms to far in advance...it has been recommended to make those purchases as late as possible and then to get the option to easily change them...I know one parent that spent 3 times as much as originally spent trying to save a few dollars when he had to change out tickets 2 extra times...

Your family can find gradation information here...it normally posts a week or so after your arrival to Cape May, you will also need to share this type of information with them by mail (sometimes phone calls) as the date gets closer especially if reversions come into play.

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/capemay/recruit/FAQs.asp
    http://uscgbootcamp.blogspot.com/

It is all part of the journey...
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    16 Oct 2010 01:20 PM
    Are you absolutely certain? Where did you get your information?

My guess is he looked at a calendar and counted 8 Fridays starting the week of Feb. 4.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    16 Oct 2010 04:41 PM
    gears....don't give it away!
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    16 Oct 2010 08:11 PM
    That wasn't a violation of OPSEC was it?
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    m0ngoos3

--
    16 Oct 2010 10:17 PM
    LOL thanks yall, I appreciate your help. CAPTKYGUY- I will be sure to let my family know, thanks for all of your info
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    coreyshaw

--
    20 Oct 2010 09:49 PM
    Also, your family will get a general letter home after you arrive in Cape May, it will inform them of EVERYTHING!!! Graduation schedule, date, your address, EVERYTHING! It was a livesaver when my girlfriend left for bootcamp. Also! Tell your family to check out uscgbootcamp.com while you're gone. It will post company journals once a week, sometimes they'll post pictures of your company standing in formation or getting yelled at, fun stuff like that. And they can also leave you little comments...although you wont see them til after graduation haha. Which I never understood, but it made time fly by for me waiting for the GF to graduate. Also, my girlfriend is stationed at the small boat station in Cape May. Your company will visit there in week 6 I think and she usually gives the tours so you may actually meet her haha. Tell your parents their best bet is to either stay in Wildwood or Atlantic City the night before your grad. Cape May DOES have hotels but on Thursday nights they tend to book up due to all the family and friends of graduating recruits staying in them. And also, they're VERY expensive too. Close to $200 a night in most cases. Wildwood is about 15 mins from base, lots of beach front hotels/motels. They arent the best quality and they're older looking, but they're good for just one night. And AC is about 45 mins to an hour away, and it can get pricey, but it wont book up, and they're gonna be so anxious to see you, AC is the perfect place to waste some time and let time go by fast. That's where I stayed the night before my gf's graduation. Just let em know to make plenty of time to get down to base that morning so they arent late. Sorry Im rambling but this info would have been GREAT before my girlfriend graduated haha. Good luck! And if you go over to the small boat station for a tour, my girlfriend is FN Taggart!
    m0ngoos3

--
    22 Oct 2010 02:47 PM
    When my sister graduated they all stayed in Philadelphia. My mom is getting a rental car and she's going to drive my husband with her to the graduation and both of us back to Philly.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Oct 2010 05:34 PM
    You are graduating in February, hotels are fewer to come by but are dirt cheap, it is off season at that point. Trust me, there are no 200$ rooms that time of year in Cape May... unless you stay at the finest bed & breakfast in town, even then that time of year, probably still not that expensive.

I would never recommend anyone stay in Atlantic City, its a dump! I'm born & raised in NJ, AC is trap and miserable, avoid it.

As an additional note... don't have your family make plans too soon. You could have an injury, you could be reverted then to change plans gets very costly, very quickly. Again, the time of year you are looking at is off season. Flights will be available and they won't be outrageously priced. I waited until well into week 6 to make my travel arrangements, I was glad that I waited. My ex made his plans as Colin boarded the bus for Cape May & he had to change twice and both changes cost him more than the original tickets!!! Just a thought.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement