Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
plane ticket
Last Post 17 Oct 2010 06:17 PM by southern118. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
khaslauer

--
16 Oct 2010 01:10 PM

i am leaving for boot camp on Jan 4th ( cant wait ). so i am expecting that graduation will be near the end of Feb. so i was wondering do i need to purchase my own plane ticket to go back home or does the CG handle all of that?

m0ngoos3

--
    16 Oct 2010 01:18 PM
    I have a similar question to this, and in asking I can answer yours. The CG will for sure provide you, but only you, a plane ticket home.

However, if I want to stay in Philadelphia for a a day or two to do some touristy stuff, can I pick my own flight, or do I have to get on the plane when they want me to?
    khaslauer

--
    16 Oct 2010 01:32 PM
    awesome....i know i read something somewhere saying that you can arrange it to where you go home with your family or whoever.....so i assume you can change the flight...thanks for your feedback so quickly
    m0ngoos3

--
    16 Oct 2010 01:33 PM
    No problem! And thanks!
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    16 Oct 2010 01:51 PM
    There are some variables here...the CG will not purchase your plane ticket to home per say...they will purchase your plane ticket to you next duty station. If you live in California and you are assigned to Florida, you will receive funding to Florida. If you live in Colorado and get assigned to California you will receive funding to California...You can modified this to some degree, paying the differences to get where it is you are wanting to go or stop over and then continue on where you need to go and so one.

From all reports on this, Cape May will help you with all of this when that time draws near, honestly they are pretty good at it from what I hear, they work very well with you if trying to get on the same flights as your family...no need to worry.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    devins_love

--
    16 Oct 2010 07:23 PM
    All I know is the Coast Guard didn't pay for Devin's flight from Philly to Salt Lake City...and that was closer than flying him to Oregon. But obviously they paid for the gas and move from Utah to Oregon so I'm sure it all evened out. He didn't get reimbursed for any portion of his flight home, though.
    m0ngoos3

--
    16 Oct 2010 11:20 PM
    Hmm, My sister and brother in-law, both in the CG, told me they were provided funds for the return home, they just were not sure if I could pick my own flight. I'll have to call my recruiter Monday....
    csawd62

--
    17 Oct 2010 01:59 AM
    Posted By m0ngoos3 on 16 Oct 2010 11:20 PM
    Hmm, My sister and brother in-law, both in the CG, told me they were provided funds for the return home, they just were not sure if I could pick my own flight. I'll have to call my recruiter Monday....

No, they are wrong. You are provided funds for travel between Cape May and your next duty station. Someone in my company got a 210' out of Cape May and he was from California. Guess how much travel money he received.... none.

khaslauer

--
    17 Oct 2010 02:51 AM
    mmk i suppose i will ask my recruiter and will post what he says on the forum seeing how there are conflicting answers...thanks for the feedback though
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    17 Oct 2010 10:27 AM
    Csawd is correct. You only get travel money from Cape May to your next unit.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    khaslauer

--
    17 Oct 2010 10:50 AM
    ooo i see what you are saying now i think i read his post wrong...i understand thanks
    Mr.Magic

--
    17 Oct 2010 11:32 AM
    OK now what if we want to fly home for a few days, considering we have leave time to do so. Is that taken care at boot and we just pay them for the ticket?
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    17 Oct 2010 01:30 PM
    The travel office will help you make arrangements. Don't sweat, you are the first people to go to boot camp who may want to travel home afterward. There's going to be a class where all of your options will be explained in detail.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    17 Oct 2010 06:17 PM
    you pay for anything that isnt service related. If you want to go home on leave you pay for it. They will reimburse you for the cost of a ticket from philly to your new unit.

if you are a reserve they fly you back home.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement