Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
May 24 2011
Last Post 23 May 2011 05:44 PM by jek. 107 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 41234 > >>
Author Messages
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
22 Oct 2010 09:40 AM
    Seems way out there compared to everyone else's dates.

So I'm scheduled to ship out in May. I asked my recruiter if I could wait awhile as I'm getting married in April.

I graduated college in July 2008. Tried to get a decent job that made me feel like I was actually doing something important. No go there. I've been around and around with various recruiters since. Qualified for AF OTS but the selection board didn't select me. Started to enlist with the USCG but was told later that they were "full for the year." So now on this go around I finally have a date. Still putting together a packet for OCS application, but if that doesn't work, I think I'll still be content with the CG.

So, how old am I going to feel as a 25 year old in basic?
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    23 Oct 2010 07:42 AM
    You will probably feel about 25 years old. The majority of recruits will be younger than you but you probably won't be the oldest. Maybe the 18 year olds will just call you 'Dad' instead of 'Gramps'. Still, the added maturity, assuming you really are, will be to your advantage and, if you use your time wisely between now and then, you can easily be in better shape physically than most everyone. Shipping out right after getting married is probably going to be difficult so prepare yourself for some added mental and emotional strain.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    23 Oct 2010 10:59 PM
    Yeah, I've already started going to the gym and trying to get back into shape. I'm not in terrible shape, but by no means am I in the best shape of my life.

I am a bit concerned about getting married then leaving, but my fiancée and I have talked about it a lot and think this is the best for our lives together.

All in all, I'm excited, nervous, but excited.
    BillyODU

--
    24 Oct 2010 04:37 PM
    Congratulations on the wedding and the shipping date. Kudos to you and your fiance
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    23 Nov 2010 10:57 AM
    Late Thanks Billy!

So obviously this one is pretty far out, but when is it likely that I'll start seeing other people with this ship date? I'm looking forward to talking with some people I'll be there with.
    ATLFalconFan

--
    02 Dec 2010 03:14 PM

Congrats on the ship date. I ship June 14th so I may see you there.

Good luck!

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    04 Jan 2011 05:55 AM
    So random update, I'm supposed to re-do my physical and DEP a week from today. With the holidays behind me, all of this is becoming that much more real. I'm excited!
    Ectric

--
    08 Jan 2011 08:49 AM
    Eoghan

Make sure before you ship out that you get it put in that you are married so that way when you go to basic you will get BAH thats what me and my wife did when she went while i was waiting for my ship date
    Snos Smith Camspac Pt Reyes
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    08 Jan 2011 07:18 PM
    Yeah, I finally got an answer from my recruiter on all that. I'll be calling him shortly after the wedding to run all that by and I was told to bring a certified copy of the marriage license to boot so I can fill everything out for dependents.
    JH726

--
    16 Jan 2011 11:31 AM
    I'm also shipping May 24. See you there!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    16 Jan 2011 01:46 PM
    Alright! I've been waiting to see if someone would post in here! Mind if I ask where you're shipping from?
    JH726

--
    16 Jan 2011 03:57 PM
    I'm from Grand Rapids Michigan shipping out of Lansing Michigan. You?
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    16 Jan 2011 08:52 PM
    I'm from Warner Robins, GA shipping out of Atlanta.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    04 Feb 2011 11:27 AM
    Sorry to double post. Bumping mostly, but...

Am I correct in my guess that we'll be Echo 185?
    JH726

--
    04 Feb 2011 04:36 PM
    Yes I think thats right. You also gave me false hope by posting that another person had joined the two of us because I assumed you were responding to someone!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    07 Feb 2011 05:28 AM
    Heh, sorry. No dice there. But trust me... I've been waiting myself. I would love to have a general sense that I know someone before I get to BC. I've seen some of the threads going 5-6 pages with a half dozen people or so.

We still have time though.
    JH726

--
    13 Feb 2011 01:16 PM
    Even the people leaving in June and august have more people than people on may 24. Looks like we may have a small company haha
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    14 Feb 2011 05:23 AM
    Heh, Somehow I get the impression a small company means more face time with the CCs... and that's not a good thing.
    krystwalker

--
    19 Feb 2011 09:57 AM
    Hey all:

I will be shipping May 24th from Portland, Maine. Looking forward to it and I wish it was closer. Been workin my butt off to get in shape. Can't wait.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    19 Feb 2011 10:36 AM
    Welcome! Yeah, I've gotta get back to work on my physical workouts. I've been crazy busy and haven't been keeping that as much a priority as I should. But hey, I have most of my Required knowledge memorized, so maybe I can yell General Orders while running. XD
    krystwalker

--
    19 Feb 2011 11:49 AM
    well you are ahead of me there. i haven't even started with the required knowledge. are you as excited as I am to get this whole thing going? How old are you?
    krystwalker

--
    19 Feb 2011 02:09 PM
    How did you guys know we'd be Echo 185? where do you find that out?
    JH726

--
    20 Feb 2011 03:50 PM
    We looked at the companies that are there right now, did the math to how many companies are in between now and us leaving. And welcome!
    krystwalker

--
    20 Feb 2011 08:36 PM
    Thanks JH. I wish I could go tomorrow, but it will be nice to take a little time off before I head out on this great adventure. really looking forward to wearing that uniform and becoming a Guardian. what are you all looking to go into? I am thinking BM, but have heard that the rate is full right now, but crossing fingers for it to empty out by later this year.

Also, where is everyone hoping to get stationed!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    22 Feb 2011 05:15 AM
    I'm definitely excited to go. And my current job is making it all the more urgent that I leave this place

I'm 25, which I thought meant I'd be the oldest one or something, but I'm noticing a lot of people here around that age going in.

As for rate, I'm currently looking real closely at AET, but I'll just have to see what happens once I'm in.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    22 Mar 2011 12:31 PM
    *cough*BUMP*cough*

I don't think I even mentioned.... signed my DEP contract last Tuesday. Things definitely getting real.
    krystwalker

--
    22 Mar 2011 05:35 PM
    Eoghan,
    You are lucky. my process hit a bit of a snag late february. I was medically DQ'd so now I'm waiting on my waiver to come through (recruiter said he's pretty sure I'm good to go), so now I'm just waiting to hear back and am hoping its soon so I get my spot in BC reserved and get DEP'd in.

two months... its going to come fast i think
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    23 Mar 2011 04:49 AM
    I wouldn't say I was that lucky. I've been at this since... um... September 09. Then again, I'm also taking my time and stalling for my wedding.

I hope your stuff goes through smoothly though. Good luck!
    JH726

--
    29 Mar 2011 05:52 PM
    I dep'ed in a few weeks ago as well. And same here with starting out in September of 09! Such a long process. I got married this past August so at least I don't have that coming up anymore, I'm sure that would add a bit of stress to the whole situation of leaving.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    30 Mar 2011 04:50 AM
    Yeah, still getting everything squared away there. 23 more days until I have my Mrs.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 41234 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement