Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
May 24 2011
Last Post 23 May 2011 05:44 PM by jek. 107 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
JH726

--
01 Apr 2011 06:02 PM
3 weeks, that will come up fast! Congrats in advance to you both.

Looks like it may be just us two again haha. Are you feeling prepared to leave yet? I'm not going to lie I haven't been hitting the gym as much as I would like to (and by gym I mean p90x in my living room). And man those 11 general orders are killer, I've got the first two down and thats it.
jek

--
02 Apr 2011 11:45 AM
I'm on for May 24th too. I DEP Tuesday. Hopefully I pass the background check!

Eoghan, congratulations to you and your fiancee on your upcoming wedding!
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
04 Apr 2011 07:00 AM
I feel pretty confident in my required knowledge. Now I just need to get out there and run.... like mad. I've already put in my notice at work and you can guarantee, if I don't have my times and such by that week, I'll be running like a mad man that last week or so (maybe take the last two days or so to rest up and be with my spouse.)

And thanks all! You'll know me because I'll be the guy still fiddling with his wedding band as it'll still feel new.
JH726

--
05 Apr 2011 03:37 PM
I still fiddle with mine and I've been married over 6 months!
JH726

--
05 Apr 2011 03:37 PM
I still fiddle with mine and I've been married over 6 months! Although I'm sure we will stop fiddiling once we get some IT from our CC's.
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
06 Apr 2011 05:17 AM
True true. I suppose I better get used to it fast then. Shouldn't be too hard... I wear my class ring all the time. At least my wedding band if weighted the same all the way around. I think it may actually bother me more (aesthetically) NOT to have my class ring.
HardFight

--
07 Apr 2011 01:00 AM
Hey all, Looks like I'm in the club too. April 25th, DEP date; May 24th, Ship date, from San Jose, California. Just shipping from San Jose, though I don't live there. 3 years in the Yosemite region, and the rest in Nevada where I'm from. I'm extremely looking forward to the adventure, and all the IT I can get at Cape May (though my mind will change once **** hits the fan and I'm actually doing it). My uncle was in for 8 years and loved it all, so I decided to follow suit, and I'll finish my 4 year degree while in. Im pumped for that first week of boot camp..... CC's screaming.....the adrenaline rush......the aches and pain... It'll make for a good start to awesome career. I'll keep an eye out for those wedding bands fellas, and Congratulations on the marriage, it sounds wonderful.
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
07 Apr 2011 05:36 AM
Well hopefully I'll be in shape so when you get the urge to "earn" us more IT, I'll be right beside you running. Congrats! And welcome.
Basic Member
Basic Member
otnasirk

--
07 Apr 2011 03:46 PM
@Hardfight-Finally i found a fellow Californian! I am from Los Angeles.I am still going through the process and i am hoping to get a ship date soon.I am really excited on this new journey that we all will be going through. I am really looking forward on every challenges that our CCs and COs are going to give us.

@Eoghan Roe-Congrats again on your up coming wedding and i am sure you and your future wife made a great decision.Being married is awesome!I just got married last year and we're having a blast until now.It's going to be a tough challenge for us married men to leave our "commander" alone but we have to because it's for the future of our own family.
jek

--
07 Apr 2011 06:07 PM
Swore into the DEP! I'm officially shipping with you gentlemen! I look forward to seeing you in Cape May / the Philly USO. How is your training going? I'm just starting to memorize the general orders.

The one thing that is tough is that now it's hard to stay motivated to finish up school when all I can think about is CG and BC! I can't wait.
JH726

--
08 Apr 2011 04:24 PM
Yea I have the same problem jek, don't have much motivation to get my college courses finished up when I know they won't matter for the next 6 years of my life.
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
11 Apr 2011 05:04 AM
@otnasirk - Definitely going to be hard leaving her. I mean, we spent a bit of the beginning of our relationship long distance, as she's from Orange, CA, but even then, we talked pretty much every day. This is going to be rough, but we both know there are a ton of reasons to go through with it and only 2 or 3 not to.

As far as motivation... I was already losing motivation at my job... now I have that feeling of going through the motions. It's so very relaxing when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Basic Member
Basic Member
otnasirk

--
11 Apr 2011 05:52 PM
I'm sure you guys will have a blast as soon as you leave and graduate BC.I'm also waiting for a ship date by this wednesday.I too am losing motivation with my current job.I just can't wait for this new chapter being in The Coast Guard.

You must be really stoke bro.Getting married and getting shipped in a month.I can't imagine how butterflies are overloading in your stomach right now.lol.

Just be careful though.Watch out on the wedding cake.There's a saying,newly weds will always be on the "wedding 20".I actually fall in to that saying.So here i am trying to cut back to where i was.LOL!
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
12 Apr 2011 05:26 AM
Heh, amusingly enough I'm actually looking to gain weight. And BC is gonna make sure it's muscle weight. XD
ROBINSON13

--
12 Apr 2011 09:19 AM
Posted By Eoghan Roe on 23 Nov 2010 11:57 AM
Late Thanks Billy!

So obviously this one is pretty far out, but when is it likely that I'll start seeing other people with this ship date? I'm looking forward to talking with some people I'll be there with.

Hey its nice to find somebody ill be at basic with, im only 18 but its gonna be nice to have somebody thats more mature around because I know most of us will be about 18.
Basic Member
Basic Member
otnasirk

--
12 Apr 2011 09:41 AM
Awesome! Good luck bro.Hope to bump in to you at cape may
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
12 Apr 2011 11:13 AM
Welcome aboard Robinson! Heh, I had a cousin that just married into that name.
ROBINSON13

--
12 Apr 2011 09:14 PM
Thanks guys, so im from northern Maryland what about you guys?
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
13 Apr 2011 04:39 AM
Middle Georgia. Shipping out of Atlanta.
jek

--
13 Apr 2011 06:02 AM
I'm from Chicago.
krystwalker

--
13 Apr 2011 09:40 AM
shipping from Portland, Maine. Anyone know if I'll fly or drive? its about 8 hours... doesn't matter either way. just want to know if I should prepare for a long drive...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
pepperdoggie

--
13 Apr 2011 01:42 PM
You'll fly into Philadelphia. The CG will take care of your travel arrangements. Once in Philadelphia at the USO, you and your fellow shipmates from all over the Country will take the infamous Coast Guard Bus to Cape May, where you will receive a warm welcome... Once the bus passes the water tower at the front gate, your life changes forever.

krystwalker

--
14 Apr 2011 01:36 PM
Just want you all to know that I FINALLY GOT MY WAIVER APPROVED!! it took 45 days, not 90 like some have been reporting. Now i'm just waiting to confirm my reservation and then go and swear in and sign the docs! I'm so excited and so ready to get going. Still hoping for a May 24th ship date with y'all
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
14 Apr 2011 02:08 PM
Good luck! We're almost there.

Edit: And I've been looking at it again, sounds like we're going to be Foxtrot - 185, not Echo.
jek

--
14 Apr 2011 05:27 PM
Yup! Almost there! Congrats kryst! Too many exclamation marks!
krystwalker

--
14 Apr 2011 06:01 PM
How old is everyone? I am gonna be the old lady of the group I think. Im 27... eek. This will be my third career! The first choice though
ROBINSON13

--
14 Apr 2011 08:39 PM
im gonna be 18 when i go
HardFight

--
14 Apr 2011 09:33 PM
I'll turn 21 the second day we are there, on the 26th. So where is everyone at as far as physical fitness goes? Lets all take the initiative and surprise our cc's.
JH726

--
15 Apr 2011 03:44 PM
I am 21. And as for physical fitness...I am not near as prepared as I want to be at this point because I work full time, school full time, and I got married this past august so I hardly have enough energy to go to the gym as well!
jek

--
15 Apr 2011 06:49 PM
I'll be turning 24 at BC with you HardFight. I'm pretty good with PT. I've gotten in great running shape but have barely gotten any gym time in. I've been swimming a bunch though.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement