Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
May 24 2011
Last Post 23 May 2011 05:44 PM by jek. 107 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
ROBINSON13

--
15 Apr 2011 11:08 PM
im trying to run at least 4 miles every day but i have college and work everyday i haven't gotten much gym time in
HardFight

--
15 Apr 2011 11:13 PM
@ JH726 If you don't get to work out and get in a groove before BC, I wouldn't sweat it. Its gonna be tough no matter how in shape we are. All of BC is going to be mental. Even the physical aspect will be 90% mental. Just tell yourself your not going to stop, and you'll be fine. If you don't the CC will be sure to ; ).

@ Jek I sure hope they don't catch on to both of us and our birthdays... I don't feel like wearing a b-day hat for a week straight while doing pt . I wish I could practice a little swimming. I don't have access to a pool, so I'm just going to have to wing it. I'm a good swimmer for sure, but I haven't in about 3 years or so.
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
18 Apr 2011 05:36 AM
Posted By krystwalker on 14 Apr 2011 07:01 PM
How old is everyone? I am gonna be the old lady of the group I think. Im 27... eek. This will be my third career! The first choice though

I'm pretty close. I'm 25.
krystwalker

--
18 Apr 2011 01:49 PM
I'll take it Roe. Just didn't want to be 27 and have EVERYONE else be 18 or 19. although, it wouldn't bother me that much.
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
18 Apr 2011 02:21 PM
Question is... how old will our CCs be? I know they have to have been in for awhile, but it would be kind of interesting being older than our CC (and yes, I know he'd still outrank us).
krystwalker

--
18 Apr 2011 04:11 PM
excited to meet everyone in philly at the uso and see how everyone feels that day
Podmom92

--
21 Apr 2011 05:44 PM
Anyone on here named Elijah from Hawaii shipping May 24th????
Proud UNIFORM 185 Mom
Mims1126

--
22 Apr 2011 03:10 PM
hey my names CJ im from toledo ohio ill be shiping out on the 24th anyone else from around my area going out same day? and does anyone no what company we are going to be or how i can find out.
JH726

--
23 Apr 2011 07:16 PM
Mims1126, I think we are going to be foxtrot-185.
jek

--
26 Apr 2011 09:16 AM
Woo! 1 month to go.

Congrats on your wedding Eoghan. Hope it was great!
Mims1126

--
26 Apr 2011 03:17 PM
Ok which on is it gunna be foxtrot or echo. And from what it looks like on our ship date we might have a small company. And from reading looks like I'm gunna be the youngest.
HardFight

--
26 Apr 2011 03:39 PM
I like the idea of a smaller company. More face time with the CC's. It may seem like a bad thought, but I would rather have to do more physical training and get more personal attention as a trade off for more 1 on 1 instruction. I also met a young man of 19 I believe, shipping out from San Jose with me on the 24th.

Am I correct, if assuming we are F-185, that our graduation date will be July 15th?
JH726

--
26 Apr 2011 04:20 PM
Yes our graduation is July 15. Less than a month until we all meet in person!
Podmom92

--
27 Apr 2011 11:59 AM
Ok, if Elijah from Hawaii happens to show up here. You met my brother-in-law at some Bird Sanctuary Island in Hawaii last week. His name was Jim and he told you if you needed anything to look him up. We also live in Cape May and our son is waiting on the call from his Recruiter to get him moving toward a ship date this summer. Hopefully you hit this forum before you ship, thought this might be easier if we could get you two connected before you ship.
Proud UNIFORM 185 Mom
Mims1126

--
29 Apr 2011 07:11 AM
Well that's nice to no I won't feel like the little one of the group ha. All I no is this nth is gunna go by fast and I'm ready for it.
DylanFS

--
29 Apr 2011 08:45 AM
Shipping on May 24th from Grand Rapids, Michigan as well. How's everyone getting ready? Other than running like crazy
jek

--
30 Apr 2011 07:09 AM
I've finally memorized all 11 general orders. Now to just get them so I can shout them off without thinking... I'm also working out at home. Getting ready to push!
DylanFS

--
30 Apr 2011 08:18 AM
Yeah with you there, I memorized the orders and the phonetic alphabet. Now I'm going to work on the cadence and some other historical facts [ i guess they want us to know our history ] I'm really excited to just get there and start.
jek

--
30 Apr 2011 10:01 AM
Hmmm. Where are you getting the cadence from? I'm with you buddy, can't wait until we get there!
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
02 May 2011 05:01 AM
Wow, lots of new people in here.

Thanks for the congrats everyone! The wedding turned out great. Hopefully I'll have pictures before we ship
JH726

--
02 May 2011 08:43 AM
Glad everything went well Eoghan. Enjoy the little time you have left with your wife before we ship out!
DylanFS

--
02 May 2011 10:25 AM
Last page of the Helmsman and youtube has is it too.
Mazzei PA

--
03 May 2011 07:49 PM
whats up guys...im shipping out of harrisburg pa on may 24th.....im daniel, 19 from waynesboro pa....plan on being a BM. just curious to hear some other rates.
DylanFS

--
03 May 2011 08:20 PM
Hey Daniel, I'm Dylan from Grand Rapids, Michigan. I was thinking BM too either that or AMT, from what I've been told we will all change our minds million times between now and then. But hey sweet only 21 days to go!
Mazzei PA

--
03 May 2011 08:29 PM
good stuff...im just trying to be on the water as much as possible. yea im pumped man.
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
04 May 2011 04:44 AM
Like Dylan said, I'm sure it'll change a lot. I've looked at so many of them and I'm honestly undecided. I can see myself doing so many different things and enjoying all of them.

Part of me is leaning heavily toward AET, but I'm honestly not sure if they offered me OS A-school if I would jump at that.
HardFight

--
05 May 2011 08:11 PM
Less than 3 weeks until we hit the deck! Future BM or ME here. I don't care about the wait, I can use the non-rate time to finish my 4 year degree online. Will I be the only dork wearing the issued glasses?
DylanFS

--
05 May 2011 10:36 PM
Hahaha, Yeah I'm with you there on finishing the degree. But fortunately I will not have to be wearing the birth control glasses. Sorry man
JH726

--
06 May 2011 07:29 AM
No glasses for me either, sorry hardfight looks like you are alone on that one. I am hoping to go for either BM or ME, I have been going to school for law enforcement so those seemed like the best fit for what I have been doing in college.
DylanFS

--
06 May 2011 08:56 AM
I was thinking LE too but from what I've been told it is like a two year wait list right now. So I'll probably go with either BM or AMT
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement