Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
May 24 2011
Last Post 23 May 2011 05:44 PM by jek. 107 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234
Author Messages
JH726

--
06 May 2011 03:30 PM
Yea Dylan the wait for ME is over trow years but it is also close to that for BM and AMT. I would rather wait for what I will enjoy doing, not settle for something else because the wait for school was shorter.
DylanFS

--
06 May 2011 06:11 PM
Yeah, true. From what I've been told BM is the most versatile of all the rates. You end up doing a lot of law enforcement and just about every other job, and if you still want to do more LE then you can always go for a DOG Unit. I was thinking about applying for one of those after BC.
Basic Member
Basic Member
Carissamarie08

--
07 May 2011 01:26 AM
I had a blast in bootcamp, congrats to all you guys
I was Romeo 182
And dont sweat it if your worried about the physical stuff. its really not that bad at all. REALLY
jek

--
07 May 2011 07:09 AM
Congrats Carissa!

I'll be wearing BCGs with you HardFight, we can be dorky together. As far as which rating I'm going for... I have no idea. I really can't get a full idea of what each job does without seeing them so I'm keeping my mind open to anything.

Only about 2 more weeks!
ROBINSON13

--
07 May 2011 09:26 AM
yea im going in to be a BM i was thinking about ME but i also want to do the SAR aspect of the Guard
Mazzei PA

--
07 May 2011 11:29 PM
what do you do in the wait to get in a school?
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
09 May 2011 05:53 AM
I'm with you too Hardfight. I'm actually excited to take a break from wearing my contacts again. I know that sounds crazy, but it's so much easier sometimes to just put on glasses.

And Mazzei, you'll be doing your non-rate duties. Depending on your unit, you'll have various qualifications and duties to do to help out your crew.
DylanFS

--
11 May 2011 07:06 AM
Wow 13 days till we ship, that is insane. Time is really flying now. How is everyones last preparations and training coming?
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
11 May 2011 07:48 AM
Heh, been running around my apartment complex and I had kinda estimated the distance. Went out yesterday in a car and watched the odometer... definitely was running about half a mile more than I thought I was. XD

Gotta work on refreshing my required knowledge and getting packed up. Definitely trying to fight off the nervousness.
jek

--
11 May 2011 07:56 AM
These last few weeks have been creeping up real quick. I still can't wait. I've got my last day of work and school this week and then I can make being anxious my full time job. As far as the PT I've been able to do the run, pushups, situps and swim no problem. I'm just trying to keep a strict workout routine these next two weeks so I get to Cape May rearin' and ready to go. I think the week before I'm going to switch back to waking up at 0530 every morning so my system won't get to jolted.
DylanFS

--
11 May 2011 09:55 AM
Yeah, I was considering waking up earlier and earlier to be prepared. Unfortunately the only thing I haven't been able to do consisitantly is the swimming, but I doubt that will be much of a problem. I was also thinking about taking the last week and not really working out at all, maybe run or swim a little bit. But really just let my body rest so I can be as fresh as possible for Cape May.
DylanFS

--
16 May 2011 01:09 PM
Just about a week to go, how are everyone's nerves?
ROBINSON13

--
17 May 2011 08:20 AM
I know that my nerves are crazy right now but there getting better im getting more and more excited, my girl friends not happy at all makes it hard
DylanFS

--
17 May 2011 10:34 AM
Yeah, my girlfriend is the same way. She is upset I'm leaving but wants to move with me where ever I get stationed. The thing she doesn't understand is that I might not even have housing. Cutter crews live aboard.
ROBINSON13

--
17 May 2011 10:00 PM
yea mines going to college in Boston and ill be stuck in Maryland and she leaves right when i get back from basic. Im going reserve so i already have my assignment im in Indian River Outlet Del.
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
22 May 2011 08:20 PM
Alright, I've been absent for a bit, spending every possible second I can with my wife and the rest of my family and friends. Tomorrow is going to be busy, despite not shipping until Tuesday, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the support and answers. You guys have been great and I hope to check back in later in July.

Everyone shipping with me, see you there. Let's work together through this!
DylanFS

--
23 May 2011 06:30 AM
Excited to be there, see everyone in Pittsburgh!
jek

--
23 May 2011 05:44 PM
Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. I'm looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement