Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Where Will I keep my Stuff?
Last Post 30 Oct 2010 10:26 PM by southern118. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Wisper7

--
23 Oct 2010 04:07 PM
    If, lets say, I get a small boat station for my first duty assignment, and I bring things like my computer, car, etc to the station so I can put it in the off base housing they rent, what do I do with these things if I later get moved to a cutter with no off base housing? Or am I mistaken and there IS off base housing for cutters as well?
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    23 Oct 2010 04:57 PM
    Small boat station you'll get a room, housing, bah, somewhere to live. You can stow your stuff there.
    For a cutter, most cutters you live onboard and get qualified, than you are assigned housing(unless you are married you obviously get housing right away)
    smaller cutters(like mine for example) I wasn't qualified but was assigned both ship board berthing and than a barracks room and I through all my junk in there. I know several nonrates who just smashed as much stuff in their car and just kept it their until you are qualified.
    trear21

--
    23 Oct 2010 06:34 PM
    Posted By E on 23 Oct 2010 04:57 PM
    I know several nonrates who just smashed as much stuff in their car and just kept it their until you are qualified.

^ Doing the above.....
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Wisper7

--
    23 Oct 2010 08:39 PM
    ok. hope my computer doesnt melt in my car if im somewhere hot
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    23 Oct 2010 09:13 PM
    There are always self storage facilities everywhere...
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    23 Oct 2010 10:01 PM
    you can always ask or find a shipmate who has a barracks room.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Oct 2010 02:33 PM
    You can also limit what you bring. Colin left a lot of stuff at home. Not his laptop but there was space in his berthing to keep that. He just didn't pack off everything and expect to keep it stowed somewhere. It all just moved from Texas to Wisconsin with me and if I move again before he gets home to collect everything, I'll move it with me. He did come home to Texas to clean his room before the move, I told him I wasn't doing it, so he did.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    TIMBO

--
    30 Oct 2010 07:23 PM
    Believe married is still the key to your question . To do over again

back in 74-78 as single male RD2 I would of gotten me a nice 26-28 ft

travel trailer and stayed in parking lot or close by . Would not of worked 

in Boston ( Hamilton ) but Panama City ( Dependable ) would of  been

just fine !  Serious if you can live on ship / travel trailer be down right

comfortable at best !
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    30 Oct 2010 10:26 PM
    the dependable is in Cape may now not panama city anymore LOL guess the people on it now hate it compared to where it use to be
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement