Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
DEPing in
Last Post 09 Nov 2010 03:01 PM by pepperdoggie. 23 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
khaslauer

--
04 Nov 2010 09:48 AM
    just got off the phone with my recruiter and i am going to swear in and sign my DEP contract on Nov 16th.....and shipping out Jan 4th...i know they said that is is a small ceremony or something and i was curious as to what i should wear to the swearing in process?
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    04 Nov 2010 09:52 AM
    Im swearing in the same day here in NY. I was told to dress comfortable (shirt/jeans), because its nothing fancy or anything. "Dress like your going to MEPS" is what he said.
    khaslauer

--
    04 Nov 2010 09:55 AM
    sounds good thanks....im in Memphis
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    04 Nov 2010 11:42 AM
    From videos I have seen CaptNick has the plan...All blue jeans and t-shirts with an occasional button up or pull over in the mix.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    GymRat

--
    04 Nov 2010 12:56 PM
    I'm DEP'ing the 16th, and shipping out Jan 4th too!
    khaslauer

--
    04 Nov 2010 01:16 PM
    Posted By GymRat on 04 Nov 2010 12:56 PM
    I'm DEP'ing the 16th, and shipping out Jan 4th too!

nice
    bchristina1221

--
    04 Nov 2010 09:37 PM
    I was sworn in last month and I simply wore cargo shorts and a designed tee shirt. Btw I'll be shipping out the 4th with both of you as well
    m15airof

--
    05 Nov 2010 09:39 AM
    It is pretty laid back. The officer that swore me in prepared a speech directly from "A Fee Good Men", the one given by Jack Nicholson in the courtroom. It was neat to hear it. We had a few laughs; but the actually repeating of the oath was serious of course.
    BLawson5

--
    07 Nov 2010 09:46 AM
    When you guys say DEP, you mean the DEPOT program?
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    07 Nov 2010 09:59 AM
    DEP= Delayed enlistment.
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    BLawson5

--
    07 Nov 2010 11:09 AM
    ok. thanks. I am plannng on leaving for DEPOT in January and was wondering if that is what you all werespeaking of.
    cesuscg

--
    07 Nov 2010 11:17 AM
    I DEP'd in a week and half ago. Everyone was in jeans and following MEPS dress code, as you go through inspect beforehand as well. I had on jeans, a black shirt, and a pair of earrings to "dress it up." We stood relaxed at ease or parade rest except for the actual taking-the-oath part. Family and friends packed in the tiny room to take video and pictures. It was pretty cool.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Wisper7

--
    07 Nov 2010 11:28 AM
    You had family for the DEP? Don't you have to "re-oath" when you actually leave?

When I DEPed in there were nine of us Coasties there (and pretty no other branch) and not one family member lol Weird how each MEPS is so different.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Nov 2010 09:58 PM
    Colin didn't DEP in at all, the first time he was sworn in was the Tuesday morning that he left. We were there. There was only one other Coastie being sworn in and we were the only parents in the room at all. No other family there except us. We got a lot of nice pictures but I did feel bad for the other enlistees that had no one there.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    steuber25

--
    08 Nov 2010 09:22 AM
    i DEP'ed last week and when i finished my aoth it felt great to be a proud member of the coast guard, now to wait until december 7th to be an enlisted coastie. i cant wait to go december 7th and get my career and life started.
    cesuscg

--
    08 Nov 2010 08:51 PM
    Yes, we did have family in there. We were mixed in with the 5 Navy guys who were shipping out that day and all of their families were there, as well. And yes, we'll have to take the Oath again to swear into Active Duty the day we ship out. It IS weird how each MEPS is different.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    09 Nov 2010 08:06 AM
    Shipping Dec 7th?? What a hell of a day to ship lol
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Wisper7

--
    09 Nov 2010 09:03 AM
    At least they have 3 weeks by christmas time lol. Poor Dec. 14thers don't know what they're missing
    steuber25

--
    09 Nov 2010 10:51 AM
    yea there is 3 weeks down by then but i was told we dont qualify for christmas day leave. if anyone knows for sure if this is or isnt so, please let me know. not that it really makes a big difference, im just curious. i heard the host program is a great opportunity.
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    09 Nov 2010 12:37 PM
    I read somewhere the Dec 07 company won't get to participate in operation fireside.
    It's also not leave, it would be liberty.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Nov 2010 01:11 PM
    I thought that would be cutting it really close on that 3 week mark... You never know, they always have more families volunteer then recruits to participate. So things may change once you are there. Prepare to not have the libbo, but if you get it, then be surprised and enjoy!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    09 Nov 2010 01:46 PM
    ....sitting around the Christmas tree in the squad bay, singing Christmas Caroles with your beloved Company Commander, opening presents, a nice leisurely meal...WAIT, that's a dream!

They usually don't let you participate in Operation Fireside until after week 3 because they don't want to disrupt your adjustment to military life...so it could be just another training day...but hope springs eternal! Good luck.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Nov 2010 01:51 PM
    Christmas, this year, would be Saturday, the start of the 4th week for the Dec 7th shippers. That's why I have a feeling it will be CC discretion on that company.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    09 Nov 2010 03:01 PM
    A little added extra incentive to come together as a company!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement