Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
January 25th, 2011
Last Post 19 Mar 2011 09:35 PM by Old Guard2. 81 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
TheNoid

--
09 Jan 2011 04:01 PM
Yeah its not going to be fun. But nothing worth doing is easy, for the most part.
Cwright

--
11 Jan 2011 11:17 AM
I am heading out from Arkansas on the 25th. I am 23 and my wife is freaking a little but I am excited. Cant wait to meet everyone I know we are going to do great. Ready to rock it!
Cwright

--
11 Jan 2011 11:19 AM
Hey just wondering how old everyone is. trying to get a feel for if I am going to be the old man or not? lol
twinterman

--
11 Jan 2011 12:06 PM
Im 24 so your def not gonna be the old guy
Cwright

--
11 Jan 2011 01:08 PM
That's great lol. Every trip I have taken to MEPS ive been the oldest one there so it will be nice to have someone the same age as me around at basic.
twinterman

--
11 Jan 2011 02:23 PM
Does anyone know, if you dont get reverted, what our grad date would be? Im trying to get a guesstimate
Cwright

--
11 Jan 2011 02:32 PM
My recruiter told me March 18th. sounds about right. it would be a friday.
Basic Member
Basic Member
Jdw21

--
11 Jan 2011 02:37 PM
Graduation for us should be March 18. and im only 18 wont be 19 till a couple days after basic!!
twinterman

--
11 Jan 2011 02:37 PM
ok and if I have read right, recruits who ship the 4th were lima 184, and on the 11th were mike 184, if we follow that pattern then we will be oscar 184?
Cwright

--
11 Jan 2011 03:02 PM
That sounds right to me. cant wait to get there and meet u guys.
Cwright

--
11 Jan 2011 03:05 PM
I looked at the jan. 18th shippers and they were saying they are going to be romeo 184 so im not sure now lol
gbcracka07

--
11 Jan 2011 03:44 PM
We should be Oscar 184
Cwright

--
11 Jan 2011 06:46 PM
Yeah that's what i am adding up to i don't think the guy knew what he was saying or figured it wrong or something
fsuscg

--
11 Jan 2011 06:46 PM
Where do you see that?
fsuscg

--
11 Jan 2011 06:51 PM
We were told graduation would be March 25th.
Cwright

--
11 Jan 2011 07:01 PM
My recruiter told me March 18th but I don't know that to be fact. The 25th sounds more right.
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
11 Jan 2011 07:04 PM
Now don't doubt recruiters because they are right. If you look at a calendar end of week 1 is January 28th, count 1 thru 8, voila, March 18th! March 25th would actually be 9 weeks. I'm sure you can stay 9 weeks if you like but I doubt you will!
Sector NY, Staten Island
Cwright

--
11 Jan 2011 07:17 PM
Lol yes 9 weeks would really tick my wife off. I have the added incentive that if i revert i might as well just go straight to my first unit and not go home to the tornado that would be waiting there lol
TheNoid

--
11 Jan 2011 07:38 PM
23 but I'll be 24 very soon. Where is everybody looking to get stationed once they get though basic?
twinterman

--
11 Jan 2011 07:49 PM
I wanted Alaska, but they wont send you there for first station if your married, so I would like anywhere near Great Lakes...
gbcracka07

--
11 Jan 2011 08:44 PM
I just want anything away from Florida! Everything north of Florida is good but the new england states are even better!
Basic Member
Basic Member
Jdw21

--
11 Jan 2011 09:53 PM
I want anywhere warmer than good old Michigan and the Great lakes.... Florida would be nice!
TheNoid

--
12 Jan 2011 05:54 AM
I'm looking at anywhere I can shred powder when I'm not working. Alaska would be awesome but I'd take Washington, Oregon, or Northern California.
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
12 Jan 2011 06:38 AM
This is why I always say I can't answer the question "What's the best 1st station?" Look at your own answers... anywhere north of Florida maybe the great lakes, anywhere away from the great lakes maybe Florida, New England, Oregon... LOL What is one persons fancy is anothers misery! Just remember wherever you go HAVE FUN!!!! Enjoy every moment you might not get back to that spot again & then you'll regret missing out on things!
Sector NY, Staten Island
gbcracka07

--
12 Jan 2011 12:39 PM
I agree with OldGuard. I'm happy that I will be fortunate to join the coast guard and see places all over the country and world. I just don't want Florida is because I know it inside and out, the good and the bad. I want to experience seasons for once in my life and not go from hot and rainy to cold and dry! There is so much more to America that I haven't seen so leaving the south would be a joy plus I could learn to snowboard and become the next Shaun White!
fsuscg

--
12 Jan 2011 09:59 PM
LOL. My son's recruiter was the one that said the 25th....Oh well, what ever it is it wil be great!
Basic Member
Basic Member
bikesnotscott

--
13 Jan 2011 10:55 PM
The day I arrive you all will be half way through. Good luck guys, enjoy your last weekend as civilians!
fsuscg

--
13 Jan 2011 11:12 PM
I know, it is crazy. It is only one week away! My son has not left yet and when I think about it I start crying. I really can't help it. I pray to God to give me the strength the day he leaves for me no to cry in front of him. I want him to leave strong and with no worries in his mind. Those will definitely be the longest eight weeks of my entire life.....
Cwright

--
13 Jan 2011 11:53 PM
i understand what ur saying fsuscg my wife and I have never spent the night away from each other in over 3 years. up untill the MEPS process that is. she has never been on her own. she we straight from her mom and dad to being a married woman. im a little worried about her but i think she will be ok. she is strong and wants me to do well so she is my driving force to keep me going and doing what has to be done. just like im sure you will be for your son. that might be what pushes him to rise above and be an amazing recruit. I know in my case its all about making my wife and family proud of me, and knowing im going to be a Guardian something that makes my chest swell with pride every time i think about it.
fsuscg

--
14 Jan 2011 07:41 AM
We tell him all the time how proud we are of him to have chosen this path, and how wonderful his life is going to be after graduation. The peace of mind he is going to have knowing that he will not have to worry about someone telling him how the numbers are low and they are going to have to let him go, like it has happened to millions of people. Specially the day he gets married and has a family, the security of a good job and benefits. That peace of mind is worth a lot. Keep strong. I am sure your wife is very proud of you and will be strong for you, just like we have to be for our son. It is going to be hard because we at this end do not know how you guys are doing and that is hard. But we have to be strong and like I always say, pray a lot for God to give you strength. My son is not a church going kid but I asked him to please attend services on Sundays because that will keep him going and it will help him.

Cwright, where are you going from?

Good luck and God Bless!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement