Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Some financial boot camp questions
Last Post 09 Feb 2011 11:38 AM by Old Guard2. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Gandler

--
27 Nov 2010 10:52 PM
    Alright, I know during bootcamp you get paid E1 (correct me if I'm wrong). So for all of bootcamp how much money do you get paid for all 8 weeks (or whatever it comes out to be I know sometimes its give or take a day)?  Also, this is probably a stupid questions but do you have to pay for food at bootcamp or is it free of charge, or is it deducted from you pay?
    I'm sorry if these questions sound arrogant or greedy but I plan on joining the reserves and I am a college student so after bootcamp I prolly won't get another good sized paycheck so I'm trying to financially prepare. Thanks in advance for any help. 
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    28 Nov 2010 05:25 AM
    no good questions. Your pay rate can be e-1 to e-3 do a google search on the pay charts and that will be what you are payed before taxes every month. Then you get paid on the 1 and 15. ( i think it might be 15 and last day of the month) I really dont pay attention to the exact day. You get paid an allowance at boot camp for food but then they take it right out of your check. So this means no out of pocket expense for food except on off base liberty or on base if you decide to eat out. You will have to come up with about 300 dollars give or take to pay for your ditty bag at the end if you are a reserve. any more questions feel free to ask.

a ditty bag is all the supplies that are given to you.
    SN_Huseman

--
    28 Nov 2010 06:52 AM
    For reservist you have to actually walk to the exchange to pay the bag off. For Active duty personnel you will have it deducted from your pay.
    zephyr_

--
    06 Feb 2011 01:01 AM
    Wait, so you have to have 300$ before you even get to bootcamp.. I'm going in as a reservist. My recruiter never told me about this.. I just don't have 300$ laying around
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    07 Feb 2011 05:19 AM
    From my understanding (and I'm sure someone will correct me) it's at the end of bootcamp. You should have more than enough money by then.
    USCG STA PASCAGOULA
    uscg_nick

--
    09 Feb 2011 10:25 AM
    They actually give you like $7 a month for food while your their and you dont pay for any of it. So you get to bank $14 while your their from food allowance : )
    Shipping out December 14th 2010
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Feb 2011 10:54 AM
    Well that tears it... 14 whole bucks all for me!! Why oh why didn't I enlist when I was younger! I could have bought a share of Apple stock and been a millionaire by now! HAHA
    USCGC Midgett
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    09 Feb 2011 11:26 AM
    Better than Microsoft stock! My aunt and uncle bought me one share when I went to college as a "Break Glass in case of emergency" sort of thing... It was like $34 when I got it. It's at $28 now. I don't think I've ever seen it above what it started with.

Edit: Correction it hit $37 dollars once back in November of 07.
    USCG STA PASCAGOULA
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Feb 2011 11:38 AM
    Buy low, sell high! LOL
    USCGC Midgett
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement