Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Feb 22 2011
Last Post 18 Feb 2011 03:47 PM by rwgaddyuscg. 43 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
SDmermaid

--
03 Dec 2010 02:11 PM
    Cant leave soon enough! this has been a ridiculously long process but im really glad i made it so far! WILL MISS SAN DIEGO WEATHER!

anyone else got this date??
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    bikesnotscott

--
    05 Dec 2010 10:10 AM
    I'm February 15th but I agree with the waiting. Good Luck!
    SDmermaid

--
    05 Dec 2010 11:18 PM
    thanks! you too!
    not to mention ill be celebrating my bday while doing pushups :/
    Jemal419

--
    06 Dec 2010 01:21 PM
    Good Luck, I leave Feb 15 see you there
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    bikesnotscott

--
    06 Dec 2010 10:14 PM
    If I were you, i'd be sure to not mention to anyone that it is your birthday. I can only imagine what your CC's will "surprise" you with.
    SDmermaid

--
    07 Dec 2010 12:41 PM
    haha yeah i dont wanna any extra "surprises" either. my plan is to lay low and not screw up....
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    bikesnotscott

--
    07 Dec 2010 06:37 PM
    mermaid,

Have you experienced Northern East Coast winters before?
    SDmermaid

--
    07 Dec 2010 08:18 PM
    nope! been to NJ a few winters ago to visit family but it didnt even snow!
    how about you?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    bikesnotscott

--
    07 Dec 2010 09:02 PM
    Grew up in Boston. Love the snow. can't wait to squeeze in a little snowboarding before boot camp!
    I'm hoping for some nice winter wonderland runs early on in BC
    SDmermaid

--
    08 Dec 2010 11:25 AM
    well i guess you will have no problem adapting to the cold
    ive never even BEEN in snow before...... i think i am in for a rude awakening.....
    more like a blizzard tortureland lol
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Vikingsailor796

--
    31 Dec 2010 09:26 PM
    You better pick d13 and get stationed up here with me best friend. Since I'll be out on patrol I can't write u but u better not get stationed far away. That is all
    JimMitchell

--
    04 Jan 2011 02:24 PM
    Hey SDmermaid. Just got my ship date today. I am with you on February 22nd. Can't wait!

When did you start the process?

How's the pt going?

JimMitchell

--
    05 Jan 2011 03:21 PM
    If any non-members of the site see this you guys should join and send me a message. It would be nice if we went in there having talked a few times before we get there.

Good luck getting ready everyone! See you there!
    SDmermaid

--
    05 Jan 2011 03:57 PM
    sweet! im excited! where are you from??

pt is going..... haha 7 weeks is going to go by really really fast....
    JimMitchell

--
    05 Jan 2011 04:43 PM
    Hey, I'm from NY. My PT is improving quite a bit. When I first started swimming I wasn't breathing underwater and my stroke was terrible. Now i'm breathing and swimming a lot smoother. I know I can make the run time but I'm by now means a long distance runner so I'm trying to improve that because I'm sure we'll have to run more than 1.5 miles in basic. I'm there with the push ups and sit ups too but I've still got some work to do on flutter kicks.

I know that you don't have much of a say in anything when you first join but what are you hoping to do in the CG? Also what kind of units are you interested in? I think part of what makes the CG so exciting is that I have no idea where I am going to be and what I'm going to be doing in 3 and a half months.

Has the process been fast for you? The first time I met with my recruiter was November 17th so it went incredibly quick for me. I am very thankful for that.

Anyway, I'll send you a message on the site here with my email address. They say not to put too much identifiable information on here so feel free to email me.

ipolute

--
    06 Jan 2011 06:58 PM
    K.. This is my first post and I finally got the call i was waiting for today. Looks like I will be heading to BC on the 22nd ... The process for me took a little while i think i started at the beginning of Sept. but its finally coming to an end and I can start my career
    JimMitchell

--
    06 Jan 2011 08:03 PM
    Hey polute. Nice truck. Where you from? Excited for Cape May?
    Ectric

--
    08 Jan 2011 07:42 AM

To those of you leaving on this date just know this you will be going there at a awesome time cuz when you will be getting out it will be getting really nice out and you wont be there in the summer heat and bugs

Snos Smith Camspac Pt Reyes
    Taylor917

--
    08 Jan 2011 10:31 PM
    I'll be there.
    JimMitchell

--
    09 Jan 2011 10:26 AM
    Hey Taylor. Where are you leaving from?
    Taylor917

--
    09 Jan 2011 10:28 AM
    I live in Jacksonville, FL. I'm not sure about the flight or anything having to do with getting there though. I sign my contract this coming week, so I guess I'll find out then.
    ipolute

--
    10 Jan 2011 12:09 PM
    Im coming out of Homestead, Florida.... so this weather should be exciting... I sign next thursday.
    JimMitchell

--
    10 Jan 2011 05:15 PM
    Haha you guys will be all right. I'm sure all the yelling and push ups will distract you from how cold you are.

I signed my papers on Friday and swear in on the 19th. How's the PT going for you guys?
    ipolute

--
    11 Jan 2011 06:08 PM
    im doing all my PT by myself... dont know if other people are doing it with their recruiters... but i run about 3 miles 2-3 times a week and pushups/situps whenever i can... but i have no problem doing the 29 pushups in a min. and 38 situps in a min.... what about you guys?
    Taylor917

--
    11 Jan 2011 10:08 PM
    pretty much same boat you're in ipolute
    jcrovnak

--
    18 Jan 2011 01:52 AM
    Just got my date, feb. 22 is sounding better and better.
    SDmermaid

--
    18 Jan 2011 11:39 AM
    right around the corner boys!! im leaving tmrw morning for NJ to visit some family so i will get a taste of what it is gong to be like.... Lucky me.
    MikeS24

--
    20 Jan 2011 06:57 PM
    Just finished the DEP today cant wait to go.
    JimMitchell

--
    02 Feb 2011 07:49 AM
    Hey Mike, you DEPed in Boston right? There were two other guys there with us, I'm surprised that they didn't get on here yet. It's too bad they didn't get on here, they're missing out! Maybe we're going to have a small company.

Duranski

--
    06 Feb 2011 09:26 AM
    Hi everybody,

I guess I'll being seeing you guys on the 22nd. I'll actually be looking forward to the warmer weather in Cape May.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement