Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Prior Marines
Last Post 15 Dec 2010 06:19 AM by southern118. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mightymouse1119

--
10 Dec 2010 10:17 PM
    Any Prior Jarheads, and any insight/stories, please no bashing we are all proud of our past, and we should be of our future....
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Dec 2010 08:24 AM
    Mighty,

I don't think you'll have any bashing, no one on here would do that to a fellow soldier. We may rib you a bit and please feel free to rib right back. But I guarantee no one will outright be rude and bash. If they do, you have quite a few moderators that wouldn't put up with that!

Thank you for your service in the Marines. Colin's best friend from high school is a Marine. That child marched out of the womb & saluted, he was born to be a Marine. He & Colin were going to try to sneak into his parents house, stupid kids, wanted to see if they could make mom scream. Well they were on the outside of the fence, according to Colin, Drew took one step and he was over a 6' privacy fence. Colin is stuffing his headset in his pocket, repositioning his IPOD, laughing... Drew reaches over the fence and like something out of a cartoon, Colin is lifted off the ground, flipped over the fence and told "Anytime today!" And they were off to scare mom. Colin is soooooo not a Marine. LOL Good Coastie, never a Marine. Drew is the youngest of three, his older brother & his older sister are also Marines.

Any stories you want to share, we'll gladly listen. :-)
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Mightymouse1119

--
    13 Dec 2010 08:53 PM
    Wow, Old Guard2 awesome story, sorry it took so long (Holiday week), I have a couple of old war stories, here is one that's kinda funny I guess, I was a member of the 15 Marine Expeditionary Unit , MSSG-15 I was a Supply Bubba by trade (MOS 3051), so anyway we deploy in Aug 2001, and I was on the U.S.S. Dubuque, it was to be a regular West-Pac cruise, we it our first port, which was Hawaii, then we headed to Darwin, Australia which we got there early Sep 11, 2001, (they are like 12hr headed), anyway it was the night of the 12, Sep 2001, And we were all in the club I am not going to lie, we were all a little tipsy, and all of the sudden the club stop the music, and all we can see was several Shore Patrols and Marines announcing that if you belong to the 5 fleet to report back to your respected ships, well me being the responsible NCO, I gather everyone that was in my platoon and made sure we all got rides back to our ships, so our CO wanted all of us to wait in formation on the flight line till every Marine and Sailor were accounted for, it was the funniest thing you ever saw, everyone was swerving left and right, front and back, I remember my SSgt, telling us to hold our composure that this was serious that our command was to inform us of what happen, anyway about an hour past and everyone was accounted for. still tipsy for some, and other where past their limit, our Lt. Col. comes in front and calls us to attention, well some where able to stand straight others needed some help. He informed us of the Horrible acts of the twin towers, and insured us that it was upon us to send a message, just imagine you could here a pin drop, all of a sudden this young drunk Engineer, screams "FUCK YEAH WE ARE GOING TO WAR", then he starts crying and says " NO FUCK NO WE GOING TO DIE", we all start laughing our Lt. Col. starts Laughing. it was so funny, sorry had to share that.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 Dec 2010 08:42 AM
    I think that is one of those days, if you were old enough to be aware of what was going on, you will never forget where you were or what you were doing. I know I was at work, in Central NJ, I could see the towers from the roof of my building. I was listening to WPLJ from NYC. Scott & Todd in the morning were interviewing Moon Unit Zappa. The third person on the morning show, Patty Steele, interrupted and said she just got a news report that a plane hit one of the twin towers. You could hear everyone was just like "what?' "Huh?" Sort of figuring a cessna must have clipped the building or something equally as goofy. So the interview with Moon continued. You could hear they were getting a TV positioned in the radio booth to see what might be going on. All of a sudden you heard Patty Steele, off mike, yell "Oh My God!" That was when the second plane hit... then you knew... our world was never going to be the same for any of us. It was all very surreal around the NY/NJ area at that point.

I can't imagine what it would have been to be half a world away and be on active duty! What a story! I have to say I am shocked... Marines? Drinking on a port call? Well I never! LOL Good story!!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    15 Dec 2010 06:19 AM
    i was going to college. We were going to our Private Pilot Ground course that morning and arrived just in time for the instructors to tell us what had happened and go back to our room for the day. The school closed down until they found out the next day all the news. There was not a sole on campus that wasnt glued to a TV
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement