Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
I GOT ORDERS!
Last Post 19 Dec 2010 05:20 AM by husband. 21 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Trusted Member
E

--
16 Dec 2010 03:52 PM
    I got the call they have an opening for jan 3rd so I am going! Yes I had to post a new thread.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    16 Dec 2010 03:55 PM
    Where to?
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    16 Dec 2010 03:57 PM
    IT A school in Petaluma, California. I'm from close to Petaluma so it will be nice to see home. Sad thing is I am finishing BTM school tomorrow and I won't get to use any experience lol.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    16 Dec 2010 03:58 PM
    I thought you changed to BM?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    16 Dec 2010 04:04 PM
    E changes rates like I change socks... but I am thrilled you got your orders!!!!! Go get 'em Petty Officer E!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    16 Dec 2010 04:08 PM
    I was but I recently realized it wasn't my fit, I'm a computer nerd, an IT guy. Driving boats and LE is freaking awesome, but the work environment and some other things weren't giving me good feelings.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    16 Dec 2010 04:13 PM
    Oh I gotcha. Well hopefully your spot at your current unit is still available when I fill my assignment sheet in BC haha
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    16 Dec 2010 04:18 PM
    Our unit only has 1 nonrate right now so you might have a chance lol.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    16 Dec 2010 04:24 PM
    Well I'll be filling my orders around Feb 15 so I'll keep my fingers crossed. A 110 in South Florida is one of my hopefuls!
    texasdad

--
    16 Dec 2010 04:46 PM
    Good deal E, I wish you good fortune in your new career choice.
    GymRat

--
    16 Dec 2010 05:00 PM
    Congrats man! And here you were just talking about preparing to wait till august of next year!
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    16 Dec 2010 05:10 PM
    Way Awesome E...that is great news for you...everything happens for a reason...take great advantage of this one my friend!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    bikesnotscott

--
    16 Dec 2010 05:11 PM
    My recruiter was telling me that when you change rates you drop pay grades? how does this work?
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    16 Dec 2010 05:27 PM
    E was not yet rated, I believe this will be his first "A" school. Only those who complete "A" school become rated (Petty Officer).
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    16 Dec 2010 05:38 PM
    It is my first A school Scott, I struck BM but never added to the A school list. I was going to decide on tuesday whether to add to the BM3 supplemental list or just wait for IT. Kind of sad now that I finish BTM school that ill probably never get to use those skills.

Next on the agenda is trying to fit all my junk into my little scion tc and find out if it's snowing anywhere on the 10 thats the route home. I might have to end up mailing some stuff home and do a full ditty move(my last one for sure lol) I get my orders cut tomorrow, get home from btm school saturday, should be leaving about tuesday! Excited to get home and see my friends and family it's been 10 months since i've been home last. I guess if you want something wait and it will eventually happen.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    16 Dec 2010 06:42 PM
    Congrats man. Keep us posted i graduate tomorrow and really cant wait. 10 weeks was long enough your 7 months are going to be extra long. enjoy it and keep us updated.
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    16 Dec 2010 06:55 PM
    Congrats man, making third must feel really nice. 7 months is a long time, I got bored at btm school for 2 weeks but ill have my car in petaluma. Just curious if ill get to ever go home while I am there its a 220 mile drive. Im going to have to find a way to get a full seabag, mostly just PT gear.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    17 Dec 2010 05:34 AM
    The exchange will sale it. You might et to go home just put in an out of bounds chit. Just don't get caught going out of bounds without it
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    17 Dec 2010 08:12 AM
    E. are there IT's on ships? I really don't know what a billet list for an IT looks like. I'm pretty certain if there are you can still use your BTM skills. Everyone says anyone can be a part of a BT. So get to your unit, fix the computers and board boats in your spare time.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    17 Dec 2010 01:56 PM
    Some of the larger ships have IT on them. Good luck and yes you could still use them depending on where you go
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    17 Dec 2010 05:20 PM
    How much sea time is required to advance? It'd be nice to get a NSC out of A school. I really want to stay west coast, but i'm not stuck on it.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    husband

--
    19 Dec 2010 05:20 AM
    Congrats, E!  Have fun in the cow pasture!  You're gonna be there for a while!  The exact thing happend to me when I got qualled as a BTM.  I got my qual, and about 6 weeks later I got orders to A school.  LOL.

BTM is a good letter to have in your PDR though, especially if you are thinking about a career in LE after the CG.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement