Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
When do the movers come?
Last Post 30 Dec 2010 05:59 PM by Pete'sCoastieWife. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
GymRat

--
27 Dec 2010 01:18 PM
    Do they typically arrive while you are still in BC, or during leave after?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    bikesnotscott

--
    27 Dec 2010 01:26 PM
    It's to my understanding it's when you're at your first unit. correct me if i'm wrong.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    27 Dec 2010 02:08 PM
    It has to be after you graduate boot camp because you have to have orders in hand first
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    texascgmom

--
    27 Dec 2010 02:48 PM
    Well it all depends - The movers for my son arrived 1 day after he left to head to his duty station. They called me while he was at bootcamp to see how much stuff he had. My son graduated on a Thurs (holiday grad) and came home on Friday - headed to his duty station on Sunday and the movers showed up bright and early Monday morning. His stuff almost beat him to the staiton. The day after he reported for duty the movers called him and was ready to unload. And they were going from Texas to Ohio!
    Proud Mom to SN Lueders - "Mom" to FN Coover - Soon to be AET's
    GymRat

--
    27 Dec 2010 09:40 PM
    So you're saying they don't arrive to pack up our stuff until we have already left for our first station? How would that work with turning our house keys in (rented townhouse), inspection, etc.?
    chekkers0

--
    28 Dec 2010 11:20 AM
    I'm curious as to what gets done with your stuff when they move it to your new station. I'm married so it might be a little different, but I know that I'll either live in housing or on the Economy. If I'm on the economy does the CG have storage facilities that can be utilized until an apartment is found?
    Texascgmom- you said the movers called and were ready to unload. I know that your belongings won't just get dumped on the side of the roade, but what is normally done with everything?
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    28 Dec 2010 03:15 PM
    After the movers pick everything up they hang onto it on storage until you call them to drop it off. I want to say you have up to 6 months (?) to schedule a drop off. Don't sweat it, the first move and all the details will be hammered out in Cape May.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    28 Dec 2010 08:24 PM
    90 days for storage without an extension gears.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    28 Dec 2010 08:43 PM
    I have to say I don't think I was ever worried about them storing my furniture. We ended up staying on a blow up mattress waiting for them, not them waiting for us! Well, in Valdez they had to wait on us but we were told before we left New Orleans our housing was ready. When we got to Seattle they said "Welllllllll, we may have over estimated the whole "ready" thing!" After 32 days on the road, we spent 31 days in a bed & breakfast waiting for housing to be ready for us! Oh that was just marvelous! Otherwise, we always got everywhere before our furniture. We got to Valdez ahead of it, too... we just had no place to have it delivered through no fault of our own!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    29 Dec 2010 12:37 PM
    Thanks Southern for clarifying. It's been awhile since my last move.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    29 Dec 2010 08:56 PM
    im in the middle of one right now as we all know.
    mattchico

--
    29 Dec 2010 09:28 PM
    What if you are required to live aboard the Cutter? CG storage?
    Your 2010 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    30 Dec 2010 06:19 AM
    What if you are required to live aboard the Cutter?

Bring only what you need to survive. If you want to bring excess you'll have to pay for your own storage.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    texascgmom

--
    30 Dec 2010 11:58 AM
    chekkers0 - My son was assigned to goverment housing which is approx. 15 miles from the station. The day the movers got there he was at the station and they called him and his command let him off to go meet the movers.

GymRat - I'm not sure how that would work in your situation - Maybe someone (family member) could be there to go through that. I'm sure every situation is different, this was just what happened with my son. He was allowed 1 day travel time and had to report on Wed., so he had to leave early to get to his station on time.
    Proud Mom to SN Lueders - "Mom" to FN Coover - Soon to be AET's
    PetesCoastieWife

--
    30 Dec 2010 05:59 PM
    Our movers came i want to say the Tues or Wed after Graduation, packed up everything and took it all in the same day. Went to the area where we were stationed and then we looked for a place to live. I want to say we ended up staying a week and a few days in a hotel and at our landlords extra camp he had. And x2 OldGuard we had to wait around 2 or 3 days for our stuff to get here after calling them and telling them we needed it.
    Proud Wife of FN Pete Vann
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement