Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
March 1st 2011
Last Post 27 Feb 2011 11:55 AM by teckfall. 87 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
Sangamon

--
27 Jan 2011 09:25 AM
Posted By malonebp on 27 Jan 2011 08:39 AM
Hey guys, I'll see you there. Leaving from Cleveland, Ohio.

Cool, you you going to select the great lakes district as your first assignment, or head somewhere else?
malonebp

--
27 Jan 2011 02:31 PM
Haven't decided. I may ask for Great Lakes - I'm in my brother's wedding in Cleveland this year, and my gf is pretty attached to her family here. I may ask for something else, though. How about you?
toasty

--
27 Jan 2011 10:08 PM
Geezer power! I'm 25 as well, 26 in July. Tired of unemployment and crappy temp jobs. I'm coming from Oakland, CA
jabberwookie

--
27 Jan 2011 11:25 PM
Thanks Sanagamon! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. The March 1st folks are coming out of the woodwork now.
Sangamon

--
28 Jan 2011 06:44 PM
Anywhere in the Northwest would be fine with me. Actually anywhere not in the south is my goal (I've seen it already).
teckfall

--
28 Jan 2011 07:11 PM
nice it seems like I wouldn't be to much older then everyone else. IM joining because I've decided to change carrer paths and I wanted to do something that made a difference. And sangamon I'm looking southeast or northwest. Honestly I just don't want snow anymore
Sangamon

--
29 Jan 2011 07:19 AM
Posted By teckfall on 28 Jan 2011 08:11 PM
nice it seems like I wouldn't be to much older then everyone else. IM joining because I've decided to change carrer paths and I wanted to do something that made a difference. And sangamon I'm looking southeast or northwest. Honestly I just don't want snow anymore

Well, when I depped in last Wednesday, the other coasties were all about 20, but I realized also I didn't matter as much. They were a better breed than their civilian counterparts, and the age didn't seem to matter like I thought it would. It probably only gets less so when we all have the same hair cut.
teckfall

--
01 Feb 2011 06:28 AM
4 weeks is everyone excited?
jabberwookie

--
01 Feb 2011 01:12 PM
Yep...nervous though. I am doing my OCS interview tomorrow, so I think I'll actually be slightly less nervous once I get through that.
malonebp

--
01 Feb 2011 03:25 PM
Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.
Basic Member
Basic Member
bikesnotscott

--
01 Feb 2011 05:41 PM
Good luck jabberwookie!
frank2428

--
01 Feb 2011 11:11 PM

my boot camp date is march 1st also. 20yo from florida pretty excited to head out and become something better. is everyone else excited

teckfall

--
02 Feb 2011 07:23 AM
Good luck jabber and let us know how it went, and welcome aboard frank. Where are u coming from?
frank2428

--
02 Feb 2011 01:32 PM
cleatwater florida.
Brosephine

--
02 Feb 2011 05:46 PM
24 year old from Eugene, OR here. I don't sign my contract with my recruiter until Feb. 23, does this seem abnormally close to my ship date to anyone?
jabberwookie

--
02 Feb 2011 06:31 PM
Welcome, Frank and Brosephine!

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone! My OCS interview went extremely well, but I know they're not taking a ton of civilian applicants right now, so I will just hope for the best.
frank2428

--
02 Feb 2011 07:27 PM
thanks jabba and good luck.
Sangamon

--
03 Feb 2011 02:42 PM
Error
Sangamon

--
03 Feb 2011 02:43 PM
Posted By Brosephine on 02 Feb 2011 06:46 PM
24 year old from Eugene, OR here. I don't sign my contract with my recruiter until Feb. 23, does this seem abnormally close to my ship date to anyone?

Kind of, but I really can't comment as it was a ton of work just for me to get in. The reward: Boot Camp .
Sangamon

--
07 Feb 2011 01:40 PM
Brosephine: I just found out that it's not that uncommon... Good Luck
SaltwaterCowboy91

--
08 Feb 2011 07:02 PM
leaving from kansas city march 1st, super excited see you there!!!!!!!!!
teckfall

--
09 Feb 2011 07:40 AM
Welcome salt
Brosephine

--
09 Feb 2011 12:07 PM
Thanks for the reply Sangamon, I'm getting more excited by the day!
frank2428

--
10 Feb 2011 10:28 AM
im getting excited i cant wait.
teckfall

--
11 Feb 2011 08:21 AM
Do any of you guys know when we are schedule to graduate?
jabberwookie

--
11 Feb 2011 12:40 PM
It should be April 22nd (barring any reversions, of course :S)
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
11 Feb 2011 01:05 PM
That's my wedding day! Keep that in mind while you graduate!
jabberwookie

--
11 Feb 2011 01:09 PM
Congrats!
teckfall

--
11 Feb 2011 02:39 PM
Congrats and thanks
Manda5651

--
15 Feb 2011 01:20 PM
I'm shipping out march 1st also. i can't wait.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement