Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
BC attitude?
Last Post 23 Jan 2011 07:17 PM by mdh*831. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
pmriley

--
10 Jan 2011 09:59 PM
    My dtr. swore in today. Her recruiter told her not to expect or try to make friends while in BC. And that she should be a "jerk" and not talk much to anyone but especially the opposite sex. He said her CC would think she was fraternizing with guys and she would be sent home. He said she should not speak until spoken to. I thought in BC they were suppose to all work as a team?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Carissamarie08

--
    11 Jan 2011 01:59 AM
    Yes you will talk in bootcamp. Its impossible not to.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ltate

--
    11 Jan 2011 07:36 AM
    I sent two daughters to boot camp.....one back in 2006 and another in 2007. Neither one of them ever changed the way they behaved normally. They are nice, polite young ladies.....continued to be that way.....and did just fine. And they talked to their fellow recruits, when appropriate...including the males. Even made some friends along the way who they still keep in touch with today. The main thing is to stay focused on the training and studies....doing your very best.....and if your daughter does that, which I'm sure she will, she'll have no problem at all. Once she gets there, she'll learn when she should and should not be talking and stuff like that. It'll all fall into place after she arrvies. And after they spend weeks together training non stop and working together, well, that's where the teamwork and bonding comes in. It's funny because I remember my oldest daughter telling me some of the females in her company acted like jerks. That isn't the exact word she used but what she did call them probably shouldn't be repeated here. : ) I don't know if they were told to act like that or if that was just their nature but they came across as really...well....snooty, I guess you could say....and my daughter couldn't have cared less if she ever saw them again. In fact, when they got liberty in the later weeks of basic, especially off base liberty, both of my daughters ended up going to the movies and stuff with a group of male recruits. Anyway, I'm sure your daughter will be just fine while she's up there. Best of luck to her!

Laurie
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    XShipRider

--
    11 Jan 2011 04:14 PM
    Speak when spoken to is good advice. It's all about teamwork which is difficult to accomplish without speaking. Random speech about the latest sports scores is not on the agenda most days. Our true free time was divine services (Sunday) and occasionally some chow times.

It's a huge transition for most, not being able to speak at will. Easily overcome as millions have come before her and millions more will follow.

Best regards.
    littlemyers56

--
    15 Jan 2011 04:01 PM
    I never would have made it through bc without the girls in my squadbay. Everyone is going to talk in the head, just whisper and don't talk smack because they hide outside of the head door. There will be days that you just want to quit, and having someone to talk to helps you through it. I do not reccomend being a jerk. We had a girl in my squadbay who was rude to everyone and when it came to doing drills that were timed no one wanted to help her because of the way she treated us. But if someone was falling behind that we liked, we were right behind them picking up the slack.
    easteaglebaseball

--
    19 Jan 2011 02:20 PM
    teamwork is vital... it will be proven in BC. Dont screw off and take it serious,give 100% you will do fine.
    mdh*831

--
    23 Jan 2011 07:17 PM
    You don't want to be a jerk with your shipmates, there was times where the other girls really helped me out morally. You really are not supposed to talk to the guys but for team work excersies we do. and when the cc were not around we would talk. For me at least they were like brothers, and there stories helped me get through the tough days
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement