Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
March 8, 2011
Last Post 06 Mar 2011 07:48 PM by nengland. 124 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 5 << < 12345 > >>
Author Messages
coastie43

--
26 Jan 2011 10:02 PM
haha that makes two of us man. I run a little bit but its so damn cold outside that I usually settle for making lunch or something hahah
M87kevin

--
26 Jan 2011 11:52 PM
Yeah the cold is also going to make it hard for me. My chest started hurting from the cold air when it was 60 out (thats cold in keywest lol ) i dont know what im going to do when we get there and its below freezing! By the way do what your names?
MNiemczyk24

--
27 Jan 2011 09:28 AM
I joined a gym last week in anticipation that I'm horribly out of shape. Low and behold, I am. lol I almost failed the flexibility tests at MEPS since I was so damn sore from the gym. I'm Mike btw.
seanG149

--
27 Jan 2011 10:17 AM
Dude you have it made if 60 is cold where you live. haha Its about 20 out and Im gonna try to run for a while. We'll see how it goes. I'm geno though
M87kevin

--
27 Jan 2011 11:54 AM
Thanks guys now i dont feel so bad about being out of shape! lol. Also Mike i did not have to do a flexiblity test at meps, was it part of the physical?
coastie43

--
27 Jan 2011 12:09 PM
Yeah i didnt have to do that either. You guys know the 11 general orders yet?
TheGrandOpus

--
27 Jan 2011 12:33 PM
I'm leaving the 8th too. Anyone from Atlanta?
M87kevin

--
27 Jan 2011 01:44 PM
No mike i have been trying to remember the ranks. Which i should already know considering my dad is a cheif... haha
coastie43

--
27 Jan 2011 06:12 PM
Not from Atlanta but I've got family down there. Why are all you joining anyways?
M87kevin

--
27 Jan 2011 06:29 PM
Never liked school to much so why go to college? My step father is in the CG and i grew up around boats. So i guess thats why im joining.
MNiemczyk24

--
27 Jan 2011 11:43 PM
When I say the flexibility part of the physical I mean when everyone lined up, checked your joint rotations, made you do the duck walk and all that. I haven't been given a copy of the helmsman to study from yet but I found a pdf of it online. Hopefully there's no difference in versions.
M87kevin

--
28 Jan 2011 10:36 AM
I found the same one online. like you said i hope theres no difference in versions
TheGrandOpus

--
28 Jan 2011 07:20 PM
I got a hard copy last week and it's the same as the one online.
M87kevin

--
28 Jan 2011 09:53 PM
Thanks, did you get it from your recruter?
coastie43

--
29 Jan 2011 10:23 AM
I had to download mine too. I asked my recruiter for one but he said he didnt have any. Find that kind of strange.
M87kevin

--
29 Jan 2011 10:51 PM

Hey guys its me... again haha. Anyways i was just reading through a few of the current journals on the cape may website and came across one company that seemed to be doing just terrible, they were in their second week and people were still having trouble with basic orders (sit down, be on time, ect.). Well i really hope we do not have a unit like that i want you guys to know that im going to do my best to help who i can and i hope you guys can do the same for me cause im sure im going to need help also. Our first four weeks are going to be hell (from what i heard) after that you kinda get used to the abuse. Anyways im posting on here "11 GENERAL ORDERS" and the "PHONETIC ALPHABET"  to help anyone who has not been able to get a copy of the "helmsmen" yet.

Thanks guys!

Here you go...

11 GENERAL ORDERS

1.      To take charge of this post and all government property in view.

2.      To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert, and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

3.      To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.

4.      To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guard house than my own.

5.      To quit my post only when properly relieved.

6.      To receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me all orders from the commanding officer, field officer of the day, officer of the day, and officers and petty officers of the watch.

7.      To talk to no one except in the line of duty.

8.      To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.

9.      To call the petty officer of the watch in any case not covered by instructions.

10.  To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.

11.  To be especially watchful at night, and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.

A-    ALPHA

B-    BRAVO

C-    CHARLIE

D-    DELTA

E-     ECHO

F-     FOXTROT

G-    GOLF

H-    HOTEL

I-       INDIA

J-       JULIETTE

K-    KILO

L-     LIMA

M-   MIKE

N-    NOVEMBER

O-    OSCAR

P-     PAPA

Q-    QUEBEC

R-    ROMEO

S-     SIERRA

T-     TANGO

U-    UNIFORM

V-    VICTOR

W-  WHISKEY

X-    XRAY

Y-    YANKEE

Z-     ZULU

Basic Member
Basic Member
Carissamarie08

--
30 Jan 2011 04:33 AM
Have fun at bootcamp, I know I did. good luck
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
03 Feb 2011 02:18 PM
I hope I'm not late for the party but my office just put me down for March 8th!

mattchico

--
03 Feb 2011 03:52 PM
Great news Neil. I did my shipper packet this morning with my recruiter.
Your 2010 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
03 Feb 2011 04:03 PM
"Shipper packet"?

I have no idea what that is but now that I have a date I'm just going to sit back and go with the flow.
mattchico

--
03 Feb 2011 04:41 PM
Just some final paper work. takes about an hour at the recruiter office
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
07 Feb 2011 04:54 PM
DEP'd in today. March feels like it's practically here already.
coastie43

--
07 Feb 2011 06:58 PM
Im all DEP'd in as well. Getting pretty excited/nervous though. Any of you guys going active?
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
07 Feb 2011 08:13 PM
Active and proud to be joining.
Basic Member
Basic Member
bikesnotscott

--
07 Feb 2011 10:03 PM
Congrats Nengland! you've been waiting for quite sometime, glad to see you finally got your date! And only 1 month away!
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
07 Feb 2011 10:14 PM
Thanks bikesnotscott!

I started in November so it's really not been that long a process. It probably just feels that way because you're sick of reading my posts. Trust me, I wish I was in Cape May already too!
Basic Member
Basic Member
bikesnotscott

--
07 Feb 2011 10:39 PM
Haha, these last weeks have been painfully long! I'm worried that the day before I ship is going to be like Groundhog Day.
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
07 Feb 2011 10:57 PM
LOL.

I see you're shipping out in a week. Congrats & best of luck!
mattchico

--
08 Feb 2011 11:26 AM
I'll be leaving on the 8th but since I will be visiting family I am getting a courtesy ship from the Phoenix, AZ office with one other recruit from the Sac office
MNiemczyk24

--
08 Feb 2011 01:45 PM
Well gentlemen, it appears I won't be going with you on the 8th. Bit of a miscommunication with the recruiter, he called today and told me the date has been set for March 22. Best of luck to you all though, I'm sure I'll see you around at some point. =]
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 5 << < 12345 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement