Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
March 8, 2011
Last Post 06 Mar 2011 07:48 PM by nengland. 124 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 5 << < 12345 > >>
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
08 Feb 2011 03:55 PM
Hey MNiemczyk24. Congrats on being confirmed for March 22nd. Best of luck to you and your company!
coastie43

--
09 Feb 2011 10:37 PM
Hey Just wondering. Our Graduation is april 28th right?
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
09 Feb 2011 10:50 PM
Graduations are on Fridays.

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/capemay/recr...ations.asp

I think that'd place it on the 29th. A lot of people recommend waiting until the 5th week into boot camp before making any travel plans. That's when you'll have the chance to call home and let them know you're on track and squared away for that date.
M87kevin

--
15 Feb 2011 08:25 PM
Hey guys, not long till we finally get to meet one another, who else is getting exited?
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
15 Feb 2011 10:32 PM
Anxious and excited!
coastie43

--
15 Feb 2011 10:43 PM
I ant sleep anymore man haha. It's going to be quite the experience
M87kevin

--
15 Feb 2011 11:16 PM
Haha it will be, im just hoping its not to cold when we arrive! I'm so used to the 75's and 80's its pathetic.
mattchico

--
16 Feb 2011 01:06 AM
I agree. This is crazy. I am in Arizona visiting my mom before we ship. It was 82 today....
Your 2010 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
16 Feb 2011 10:30 AM
82 sounds nice...

Too bad the avg temperature for Cape May is 40 in March and 51 in April!

http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?s=077637
mattchico

--
16 Feb 2011 12:25 PM
I can barely take it here. I've been sweating like mad since I got here. It's about 30 degrees warmer than Chico before I left.
M87kevin

--
16 Feb 2011 03:13 PM
Haha i actually went offshore fishing yesterday and today its even nicer! Im going to freeze when i arrive, im going to have to buy a sweatshirt just for my fist day there lol
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
16 Feb 2011 04:55 PM
Speaking of... I read that the first night we'll be sleeping in the same clothes in which were arrived. I'm sure that night we'll also be running around, getting yelled at too in those clothes.

Track pants? Sweatshirt? What will you be wearing before we're issued clothes the next day?
M87kevin

--
16 Feb 2011 05:14 PM
Haha just show up in some sleeping pants and a T-shirt, jk. I read somewhere that we will get in pretty late and that we shouldnt expect to run that night, but we will be yelled at and to expect to do pushups for failing some impossible task that they will assign to us, the example they used was putting bags in alphabetical order in under a minute or something like that.
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
16 Feb 2011 08:59 PM
So, are you saying I should probably leave my snuggie at home?
M87kevin

--
16 Feb 2011 10:31 PM
Posted By nengland on 16 Feb 2011 09:59 PM
So, are you saying I should probably leave my snuggie at home?

Yes, you should probalby leave your backwards robe at home lol. So does anyone have any idea what they are going to put on their "dream sheet"?
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
16 Feb 2011 10:43 PM
Oh yeah.

District 11
We own a home here. Our families are here. The weather is awesome. I will be going to A School in Petaluma anyway.

District 7
My wife loves GA. She has family here. They have thunderstorms and greasy food.

District 13
I like the west coast despite the hippies. What can I say?

mattchico

--
16 Feb 2011 11:04 PM
Dream sheet: Anything that puts me in VA, NC, SC, GA or TX. I NEED out of California. 24 years is long enough.
M87kevin

--
16 Feb 2011 11:55 PM
Got to be honest with you man we moved from VA and i have to say my family hated it there, the state is so messed up its not funny
mattchico

--
17 Feb 2011 12:29 AM
Really? I have heard the Tidewater region is nice.
M87kevin

--
17 Feb 2011 02:12 AM
Yeah thats where we were, actually we were on the outskirts of it (suffolk). I love the poeple i met there but theres not much to do, no pro sports team with the exeption of the norfolk tides and the crime rate there is rediculous, so are the taxes. If you like high school sports i have got to say that is the place to be. Alot of pro baseball players came out of the district i played baseball in and they still do alot for their former high schools which is pretty cool. They once had a homerun derby at a new high school and all of the areas pro baseball players showed up for it which was pretty cool.
coastie43

--
17 Feb 2011 01:38 PM
I'd love to be in MA, NJ, NY pretty much anything in district 1

I think it's be awesome to spend some time on the west coast though.
M87kevin

--
17 Feb 2011 02:04 PM
Yeah i was thinking Alameda CA, on one of the 418 national security cutters
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
17 Feb 2011 02:13 PM
LOL M87kevin. You know what's just a stone's throw from Alameda? Oakland. Now I'm not saying they have a high crime rate, but you might wanna splurge on some riot gear when you get your orders.

In all honesty though I'd kill for something out of Alameda. It's so close to family, the bay area, and has a pretty nice BAH.
ipolute

--
17 Feb 2011 09:03 PM
k well last time i was on here i was expected to ship the 22nd... but about 3 weeks ago i got a confirmed date of March 8th Im from homestead Florida so im in between a couple of yall in here... im 21 and yea ive been running.... i got the phonetic down and have all the general orders except 6 10 and 11.... they should be done come march 8th. Hopefully our company isnt full of comedians... im looking to have a good time in boot but not looking for extra PT lol.
M87kevin

--
17 Feb 2011 09:25 PM
Hmm good point nengland lol. But i have never been away from the east coast so i still think it would be pretty cool to get stationed on the west coast. Who knows maybe ill meet Kari from mythbusters haha
M87kevin

--
17 Feb 2011 11:34 PM
Posted By ipolute on 17 Feb 2011 10:03 PM
k well last time i was on here i was expected to ship the 22nd... but about 3 weeks ago i got a confirmed date of March 8th Im from homestead Florida so im in between a couple of yall in here... im 21 and yea ive been running.... i got the phonetic down and have all the general orders except 6 10 and 11.... they should be done come march 8th. Hopefully our company isnt full of comedians... im looking to have a good time in boot but not looking for extra PT lol.

Haha im sure we will end up getting more I.T that anyone wants but you have got to make the best of it we will be there for 8 weeks no matter what.
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
17 Feb 2011 11:38 PM
The west coast is cool and California has everything. From Alameda you have the Napa vineyards, San Francisco city, Santa Cruz surf & redwoods, Carmel/Pebble Beach golf... There's a lot of stuff very close by.
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
17 Feb 2011 11:47 PM
Hi ipolute,

Just because we joke about snuggies doesn't mean anyone wants to bring a ton of IT down on the group. No worries.

Welcome to the company. We're glad to have you.
ipolute

--
18 Feb 2011 06:22 AM
oh im not worried about jokes and stuff.  I joke just as much as the next guy   just looking forward to having "an awesome experience that i wouldnt do again" as former recruits will say
coastie43

--
18 Feb 2011 02:32 PM
Anyone know what the deal is with these volunteer duties at basic? I've heard people say that you should take advantage of them and others say just the opposite. Just curious as to anyone else take on them. As far as joking around goes I've heard that the CCs have a pretty good sense of humor as well. Only down fall is that of we laugh we get IT haha. That one might be a problem for me :/
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 5 << < 12345 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement