Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Prior Service Navy
Last Post 17 Jan 2011 07:43 PM by lucecr. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
lucecr

--
16 Jan 2011 09:42 AM
    Ok, from what I've heard no one is taking prior service.  Been trying for over a year now and I can't even get a meeting with a recruiter.  I get the not taking prior service cold shoulder.  I served 5 yrs in Navy from Sept99-Sept04.  I'm 31yrs old as of now minus 5yrs of service =26yrs which is under age limit.  I think thats how it works?  I was a Construction Electrician 3rd Class Petty Officer(E-4) in Seabees, and served on the Seabee Engineer Recon Team.  In short I got out with a pretty outstanding record.  Since I've been out I've been a Police Officer with Meritorous Service Award and a Distinguished Police Service Award.  So its not like I'm a chucklehead.  Longer story short, I miss the military and its structure.  Better benefits in the long run.  Even a E-3 with housing prolly makes what I make now so it's not about the money.  Just wanna be happy and enjoy what I do.  I am married and have 21mth old twins.  Wanted 1 got 2.  Wouldn't trade them for the world but from what I here they put me over the # of dependant rule.  Is there a waiver for this?  Also I am very interested in the FS rating.  Being a critical could this help them bend on waivers for me to get in.  My wife's all for this being that she grew up as a military brat.  Just wanna know some of this before I waste a recruiter's time. I know they are extremely busy. Thanks in advance for all your answers and advice.

Ryan
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    16 Jan 2011 10:44 AM
    A chuklehead???? I take offense!! Just kidding.

Age waivers as well as other waivers are very difficult to get. Your age is okay, but you are correct, the dependents are an issue. If you are looking at a critical rate, and everything else looks good IE; DD214, credit, physical, etc, you may have a chance. this is not a guarantee. You are looking at E3 for entry and boot camp again. my suggestion is to call your local office and get an appointment set up.

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    lucecr

--
    16 Jan 2011 01:04 PM
    DD214 is a RE-1 Code which I was told is about as good as it gets. Physically the only thing that has happened since I've been out is ACL replacementin my right knee. Dang crackhead wanted to jump fences during footchase after he stabbed a girl. When I landed it blew. Played softball and baseball yearly since surgery, so knee is in sound condition. I dont mind droppin to E-3 and going back to bootcamp. I could use the PT anyway. Thanks for your reply. I just found out about the Navy's Full Time Support(FTS) Reserve Program. Basically sign up for reserves for 8yrs and from what I read(just rumors) most serve 48mths active right up front. Who knows, maybe in 4 yrs I can cross back into active duty with Navy. Problem is they dont offer my rate in this program and dont know if they will send me back to an "A" school. Just gotta keep the chin up and keep moving forward.
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    16 Jan 2011 02:11 PM
    I wish you the best and thank you for your service (both military and civilian)

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    lucecr

--
    17 Jan 2011 07:43 PM
    One more question for ya. I just read about the DEPOT Program. Reading my above listed situation, would I be a candidate for this program at all? Just wanna add that I remember the days in 1999 when I originally enlisted. Recruiters called you 100 times a day trying to get ya in. Now its all of us who got out calling them. Ironic.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement