Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Background check processing time?
Last Post 07 May 2011 08:13 AM by otnasirk. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Brosephine

--
19 Jan 2011 05:08 PM
    Does anyone know how long it takes for a background check to get processed after getting fingerprinted at MEPS? I'm really anxious to get a ship date and I believe that's the last thing I do before I get one. Or do they normally give a ship date before the background check is through? Any info is appreciated, I just hate waiting.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    nengland

--
    19 Jan 2011 05:37 PM
    We're in the exact same boat. My recruiter said "a couple weeks". I'm translating that as 2-3 weeks.

1.5 weeks and counting.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    nengland

--
    20 Jan 2011 12:19 PM

Got an update yesterday. My recruiter is going through a system migration which means he doesn't have the forms, connectivity, or something in order to start the background check process. Hopefully you're not in the same boat because that means the wait could be even longer.

I really wish I had a date or something concrete to plan around.

ahohowski

--
    20 Jan 2011 12:40 PM
    Dude that is a total bummer, I'm everything will work out just fine for you. And quickly too!
    Brosephine

--
    22 Jan 2011 09:24 AM
    So I got a ship date of March 1st but I was told by a recruiter that my background check is still going on. He said it would take about 10 days for it to be finalized, which seems weird to me to have a ship date before everything is finalized but I'm not complaining
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    nengland

--
    22 Jan 2011 10:22 AM
    Congratulations!
    Livindalife

--
    22 Jan 2011 11:00 AM
    Its not usually for your background check to be still pending... Ive been in about 7 months and I jus got my security clearance in December. Its something that takes time... Even after you get in and if you go a rate that requires you to have a top secret clearance that takes like 6 months or more for it to be finalized. So just be happy you have a ship date and enjoy your journey
    ahohowski

--
    22 Jan 2011 01:22 PM
    Cograts dude
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    otnasirk

--
    06 May 2011 06:30 PM
    Posted By Livindalife on 22 Jan 2011 12:00 PM
    Its not usually for your background check to be still pending... Ive been in about 7 months and I jus got my security clearance in December. Its something that takes time... Even after you get in and if you go a rate that requires you to have a top secret clearance that takes like 6 months or more for it to be finalized. So just be happy you have a ship date and enjoy your journey

so that means you can be done with BC and you're just barely getting your background check cleared?
    jek

--
    07 May 2011 07:01 AM
    This is how I understand it otasirk: The Coast Guard will run its own background check when you apply for a ship date. This takes a few weeks. If you pass this you are cleared for shipping. The fact that your recruiter, Brosephine, has given you a ship date must mean he's confident you will clear it. Congratulations man! Before you enter the DEP, you have to apply for a Secret Clearance from the government. This can take months to clear. My recruiter told me that many recruits don't receive their Secret Clearance until they've graduated BC, like Livindalife said. But basically, as long as you were honest on both background checks, you have nothing to worry about. You won't be passing the Coast Guard's check just to find out you failed the Secret one.

Hope that clears it up a little.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    otnasirk

--
    07 May 2011 08:13 AM
    Thanks Jek for clearing it up!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement