Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
March 15, 2011
Last Post 10 Mar 2011 03:35 PM by gallonofmilk. 44 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
LoriJavi1015

--
24 Jan 2011 11:55 AM

I am shipping out from Houston, TX on March 15, 2011. Anyone else leaving on that date?

gallonofmilk

--
    28 Jan 2011 03:17 PM
    I'm shipping out then as well. Found out this morning. Shipping out from Montgomery, AL. What part of Houston are you from?
    "One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life."
    LoriJavi1015

--
    31 Jan 2011 12:47 PM
    I live in the Northside by 45N and Beltway 8.
    nycoastie

--
    03 Feb 2011 05:36 PM
    me too i'm leaving from nyc...what rate did you guys pick??
    Trav314

--
    06 Feb 2011 08:37 AM
    I leave March 15 too.  Shipping from NC
    gallonofmilk

--
    07 Feb 2011 08:47 PM
    You don't pick your rate until your 4th month at your first unit. I'm not really sure what I want to do at the moment.
    Lori, I've got some family around the Richmond/Sugarland area. I'm actually heading that way for the Houston Rodeo before we ship out.
    "One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life."
    nickcg11

--
    09 Feb 2011 05:52 PM
    I leave this date too I am in mayville new york
    JT15

--
    09 Feb 2011 08:18 PM
    WAR EAGLE! Just got my date for boot this morning! Shipping out from Savannah, Georgia.
    Throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    10 Feb 2011 04:56 AM
    Oooo, I'm headed to Savannah with my Fiancée on the 16th for an OCS Interview. It's a very nice place. Tons of history.
    JT15

--
    10 Feb 2011 10:00 PM
    Savannah is a great place to visit, but living here is completely different. I guess everyone says that about their hometown though . How is everyone doing with getting in shape/learning the required knowledge? To be honest, running the mile and a half is going to kill me! But I think I'll be okay with everything else. I say that now but come March 15th I don't think I'll be so confident!
    Throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
    gallonofmilk

--
    13 Feb 2011 06:18 PM
    Posted By JT15 on 09 Feb 2011 09:18 PM
    WAR EAGLE! Just got my date for boot this morning! Shipping out from Savannah, Georgia.
    WDE! We're going to be best friends already. 

I'll be alright on the physical stuff, other than the mile and a half. I'm still working on that. lol I already swim 3 times a week so the swim part is going to be a breeze. I gotta admit, I just started trying to memorize my general knowledge but I have a feeling no matter how much I memorize it, I'm going to forget it all as soon as they call me out and ask me something. Assuming you all have facebook?

JT15

--
    17 Feb 2011 01:53 PM
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...e.turner15

If y'all add me on facebook, just put something in the comment box like, "Coast Guard" so I know who y'all are. I sure hope we have more than six people in our company lol.
    gallonofmilk

--
    19 Feb 2011 01:44 PM
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001929000042

I know there's 3 total from my office coming. I'm sure more will sign up the closer we get. I wonder what our company will be. Is anyone starting to get nervous at all? I'm excited but I gotta admit I'm starting to get butterflies. Plus i hate ill be away from this warm weather down here. Its been close to 80 for the past week. I'm going to spend as much time as possible on these beautiful white beaches before I get out of here. Maybe ill get lucky and get stationed back down here for my first unit.
    JT15

--
    19 Feb 2011 05:52 PM
    Looking at the graduation schedule on the website it looks like we will be Whiskey and we should graduate on May 13th (FRIDAY THE 13TH! ) But that's just a guess and it probably will change once we get there. Yea I'm getting really nervous/anxious too. I think once I get there and finally know what's going on and what's expected, Ill be fine. It's the not knowing what to expect that's killing me!
    gallonofmilk

--
    21 Feb 2011 12:37 PM
    I came up with Victor but I went by the ones who have arrived recently so I could be wrong. Where are you 'hoping' to get stationed? Anyone know how big the companies have been in boot as of recent?
    christy.colletti

--
    25 Feb 2011 10:30 AM
    I leave March 15th too! From Temecula CA
    gallonofmilk

--
    26 Feb 2011 08:44 AM
    Awesome. Another added to the group. A little over two weeks left. I've got 3 days of work left then I'm going to relax as much as possible and try and get these general orders down. I'm good with everything else. This has been almost a two year process for me so I'm excited it's finally happening.
    JT15

--
    26 Feb 2011 07:55 PM
    Christy, welcome! It's nice to see another female shipping out with us. Gallon, I'm hoping on District 7 or 8. Preferrably a small boat station, but anything really would be nice. While it didn't take me 2 years, my enlistment has been a long one to say the least. I'm just thankful, lucky, and very proud to be joining.
    nycoastie

--
    27 Feb 2011 09:36 PM
    add me people facebook.com/kevin.conklin1.....nice to see some faces im going to be in bc with lol, there is about 5 other guys leaving from my office as well
    christy.colletti

--
    28 Feb 2011 01:52 PM
    Hey JT,
    It's actually my boyfriend "Noah" who will be going.I don't think I could survive in the coastguard. You guys are brave When I made our account on here, i thought it had to be my e-mail address and now I cant figure out how to change my username. Anyways, that's very exciting for you! Good luck to you
    -Christy
    JT15

--
    28 Feb 2011 06:28 PM
    Christy, Sorry about that. But none the less, you and Noah welcome! I got excited because I think me and one other female are the only ones that I know of that are shipping out on the 15th and you would have made 3! Lol. And thank you, I know I'll need all the luck I can get! 
    gallonofmilk

--
    01 Mar 2011 08:24 AM
    Jesse has it been warm over on the east coast? It's been around 80* and I've been trying to stay in the sun as much as possible. Pretty sure a tan won't do me much of any good in boot, but I just don't feel like myself without one...
    NYCoastie, bet it's still pretty cold up that way...I'd love to end up somewhere in Florida or Texas (Galveston area).

Also, I'm going to take the time to wish myself a happy birthday today! So, happy 24th birthday to myself!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    01 Mar 2011 08:52 AM
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday dear Gallon
    Happy Birthday to you!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    JT15

--
    01 Mar 2011 01:07 PM
    Gallon, Happy Birthday! I'll be spending my 22'nd in Cape May doing pushups and getting yelled at so at least you can relax and enjoy it. Yes it's been quite nice here. Sunday it hit like 80 so I went to the beach and went fishing all day.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    01 Mar 2011 01:31 PM
    Be sure and tell your Company Commander it's your birthday. Maybe they'll have a cake and sing Happy Birthday*                          

*results may vary
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    01 Mar 2011 01:51 PM
    * Given example is least likely result
    gallonofmilk

--
    02 Mar 2011 09:07 PM
    Posted By Old Guard2 on 01 Mar 2011 09:52 AM
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday dear Gallon
    Happy Birthday to you!

thank ya maam! 12 more days until we have to arrive at the hotel. Ehhh...ready but not ready!

gallonofmilk

--
    03 Mar 2011 02:02 PM
    Went and signed off on the rest of my paper work today. Didn't know we have to arrive at the hotel on Sunday night. That kind of messed up a few plans but it is what it is. See you all in a little over a week.
    Jesse, do you know if they are probably flying you out of Atlanta or where? Figured since we're both coming from the SE we may end up on the same flight to Philly.
    JT15

--
    03 Mar 2011 07:53 PM
    Pepper, NO WAY! I consider myself pretty brave, but not THAT brave. Cody, Why do you have to be at the hotel sunday instead of monday? I have no idea about the flying situation. All I know is that I have to be in Jacksonville, Florida monday night to be checked into the hotel. Then, the next morning I'll go to MEPS to swear in again and I'm guessing they will fly me out of Jax and I'll fly directly into Philidelphia.
    gallonofmilk

--
    05 Mar 2011 01:34 PM
    My recruiter said I'll swear in on Monday and reprocess through that day as well? It kind of threw me off because I thought I did all of that Tuesday morning. So I'm a little confused. You may want to double check with your recruiter, or maybe I need to call mine and ask again why mine is happening a little different. lol
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement