Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
March 15, 2011
Last Post 10 Mar 2011 03:35 PM by gallonofmilk. 44 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
christy.colletti

--
06 Mar 2011 10:59 AM
JT,
wow there aren't many girls going, huh? What made you want to join the coastguard?
gallonofmilk

--
06 Mar 2011 01:09 PM
A group has been made on facebook but it says we'll be graduating May 6th. I calculated May 13th. The group who leaves this week is going to be Uniform 184, so that makes us Victor 184. Maybe Old Guard or someone with a little more knowledge can help verify the graduation date or something for us. Here's the link.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk...9504377974
"One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life."
Trusted Member / Administrator
chukles

--
06 Mar 2011 01:23 PM
The easiest way to calculate your graduation date is to count 8 Fridays from arrival counting that first Friday. May 6th is your graduation.
I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
pepperdoggie

--
06 Mar 2011 01:24 PM
You beat me to it, Chuck! May 6th.
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
06 Mar 2011 05:55 PM
I thought I was the graduation date expert??? We all need our little niche, if you 2 steal it what will I have??? LOL
Sector NY, Staten Island
gallonofmilk

--
06 Mar 2011 06:38 PM
Ah, I kept skipping the first Friday because I didn't think INDOC week counted. Learn something new every day. Thanks guys!
"One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life."
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
06 Mar 2011 07:35 PM
Gallon, if you want to stay an extra week, I'm sure Southern may still know a person or two there and can mayeb arrange it for you?!?! LOL
Sector NY, Staten Island
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
pepperdoggie

--
07 Mar 2011 07:35 AM
Posted By Old Guard2 on 06 Mar 2011 06:55 PM
I thought I was the graduation date expert??? We all need our little niche, if you 2 steal it what will I have??? LOL

Everytning I know Old Guard taught me. Even how to count boot camp graduation dates.
gallonofmilk

--
07 Mar 2011 10:47 AM
Posted By Old Guard2 on 06 Mar 2011 08:35 PM
Gallon, if you want to stay an extra week, I'm sure Southern may still know a person or two there and can mayeb arrange it for you?!?! LOL

ahaha no thanks! I'm good to go with May 6th.

I don't know about the rest of my fellow shipmates that will be going to boot with me, but I'll throw out the list of things I'm going to try and bring (may do without one or two items). I'm usually a procrastinator so I'm trying to get everything taken care of today and tomorrow so I can relax the rest of the week. I've searched all over this site reading what others have recommended bringing extra so maybe it'll help a few others out. I'd double check TSA Standards as far as the toothpaste and deo go. If all else fails, just follow your Helmsman and ignore this list.

* Gold Bond
* 2-3 White V-Necks (read we'll wear only 1, extras were used to shine boots)
* 5-7 Pairs of White Crew (Tube) socks, maybe mix in a few pair of black crew socks as well
* 2 Pairs of BLACK dress socks
* 7 Pairs of white underpants (briefs or boxers, gray waistband is ok)
* Mach 3 Razor w/8-12 Cartridges
* Toothpaste (apparently the one we're issued isn't that great)
* Deodorant (They issue Right Guard, and I've read it isn't that great as well)
* Stationary Pad
* Envelopes
* Stamps
* Phone Card
* $50-$100 Cash
* a voided check
* Wallet with your Debit Card, Social Security Card, and ID
JT15

--
07 Mar 2011 03:02 PM
Christy/Noah, the only two females I know that are shipping is myself and LoriJavi (assuming that’s her in the picture lol.) There are many reasons why I joined but the main one is because I want to do something productive with my life. Cody, thanks for the list! I still haven’t gotten any of my stuff yet. I need to get on that asap. Only one week left!
Throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
CCMom

--
08 Mar 2011 09:24 AM
Hey new recruits for the March 15th ship date! Please let your families know we have a facebook page setup for the company and we would love to have them join us there.  You are welcome, too of course! It is your page when you graduate so you all can stay in touch as your ship out to your stations.  Here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/h...9504377974

Go Victor 184!!
Matt10p

--
08 Mar 2011 04:06 PM
If anyone has any questions about Boot Camp or the Fleet, I just graduated about 3 months ago, so I can help anyone that needs or has any questions about that or what life is like so far in the U.S.C.G
ahohowski

--
09 Mar 2011 11:44 AM
Hey, I'm shipping out March 22 and I am wondering if there is going to be a Facebook page for my company as well. How are these created anyway?
Matt10p

--
09 Mar 2011 10:26 PM
I know my Company Commander's wife was the one that started ours, but I only found that out halfway through..
gallonofmilk

--
10 Mar 2011 03:35 PM
Matt, did you end up needing the calling card it says to bring in the Helmsman? How is it being a nonrate at your first unit? Was everyone pretty cool when you arrived or were they pretty hard on you? I understand that probably varies from unit to unit, just curious how your experience has been.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement