Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
DEP on Monday!
Last Post 01 Feb 2011 06:45 PM by ambientemmissions. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
nengland

--
01 Feb 2011 12:14 PM

Life is good. 

Is there any way to predict when the oath will occur or is it basically sometime that day after 5 am? It'd be nice if my wife and family could be there.

aquasport175

--
    01 Feb 2011 01:18 PM
    Happy for you man! Not sure what time though. Is it a far drive for them to get there?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    nengland

--
    01 Feb 2011 01:33 PM

Thanks aquasport175!

It's not far at all. I just don't expect anyone to be with me at 5 in the morning.

ahohowski

--
    01 Feb 2011 01:53 PM
    Congrats Neil, I'm pumped for you man! I Just DEPed today and our Oath wasn't until about 11. Hope that is some help to you, but who knows what your MEPS has in store. Once again, congratulations!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    bikesnotscott

--
    01 Feb 2011 02:05 PM
    I had a different experience than ahohowski, I was in at 5am and out the door by 9am, I DEPd in on Nov 4th with one other CG recruit around 8am, then my recruiter and I shot the breeze for another hour.

MEPS was nice enough to send me off with a lunch too! I hear some horror stories about MEPS but for me its been painless! Maybe it's just the lovely folk in Boston?

Congratulations Nengland!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    nengland

--
    01 Feb 2011 03:01 PM
    It sounds like people swear in at all times of the day. Would I probably know at a half hour prior so they could come over for the oath?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    01 Feb 2011 03:23 PM
    When we went with Colin, we were there on the day he shipped out, they swear you in again... we had about 37 seconds notice that the swearing in was at that moment. Make a peace sign, and turn your wrist back & forth... that's the sign for "turn two" meaning move it now, basically... Colin popped his head out of a room and did "turn two", I jumped & hustled, the girlfriend was lagging and I told her "You want to see this, you better move your buns." But there was no real warning as to when that was going to take place.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    bikesnotscott

--
    01 Feb 2011 04:13 PM
    Yeah, I sat around for three hours and all of a sudden I was grabbed by a MEPS rep and he said "the Lieutenant is ready, let's go". In one long sentence he explained the process and called us to attention as the LT walked in.

It seemed to me that you get sworn in when the OOD is good and ready.

Like Macie said, you swear in once to the DEP then you swear in again to Active Duty the day you ship out.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Chisels1

--
    01 Feb 2011 06:22 PM
    Good to Know, my Parents are worried, I got sworn in at Meps, took ASVAB and other physical stuff the first time I went back in July.  I remember MEPS at Westover AFB when my brother was sworn in we were allowed to be in this nice ceremonial room, he got sworn in with recruits from other branches of service, then we said our goodbye.

We had to get on Base in 2007 and boy what a shock to see many MP's with AR-15's at the main gate then we had to pull over in a secured area, made to get out of my Dad's Truck and they inspected it, they found a Fungal Baseball Bat under the back seat my Dad used to Coach Baseball.

They let it go and we had to go through a maze of concrete barriers to get to the MEPS Building which is new.

I told my Parents not to worry they would see me sworn in before departing.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ambientemmissions

--
    01 Feb 2011 06:45 PM
    You are so lucky! Congratulations!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement