Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Anyone see 'RISK TAKERS - US COAST GUARD' on HD Theater?
Last Post 03 Jun 2011 09:30 PM by coastie2679. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
USCGforMe

--
02 Feb 2011 08:36 PM
    Apparently it was originally aired in 2007, but it came on this past Monday on HD Theater, and I MISSED IT! Dangit...

Just curious if anyone saw it? I heard it was a LOT of good info on all three aviation ratings...filmed mostly in South Florida.

Any way to legally download/view it? I tried to find a way to buy it on hd theater's website but couldn't find anything.

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 Feb 2011 07:07 AM
    I didn't see it but I search "Coast Guard" every so often on the smart search. I find some interesting shows at different times. I'll have to look for this one.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    jabberwookie

--
    03 Feb 2011 12:48 PM
    I just recorded that episode of Risk Takers and Modern Sniper- Coast Guard from the Military Channel the other night. I really liked both of them...I have to admit, the Modern Sniper one made me really want to try for HITRON. I found the showings by just doing a smart search for 'Coast Guard' on DirecTV.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    bikesnotscott

--
    03 Feb 2011 08:48 PM
    Lobster Wars and Operation Wild on Green Planet Network. They occasionally have CG rescues.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Wisper7

--
    04 Feb 2011 10:32 AM
    Can't find any legal ways of watching it. And no illegal ways either. ...oh well
    coastie2679

--
    03 Jun 2011 07:17 AM
    Obviously you all know that Deadliest Catch has CG rescues. My wife was watching an episode of "House Hunters" on HGTV, which feature a Coastie relocating and trying to find a house. I'm amazed at how much you all get for such little money! A 5 bedroom, 2 bath house, with 2 car garage and fully updated only costs about $250-300 in the mid-west. Here (in NJ) that would be $500-600 to start!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 Jun 2011 08:04 AM
    Where in NJ can you find anything for 500 a month???? The house I was living in was 1500 a month and moving up to 1700 right beore I left for Texas! I'm in the midwest now and I pay $825 for a fantastic house! Someone had to have missed something because I have NEVER seen a house rent for 250-300 a month.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    creeshee

--
    03 Jun 2011 02:25 PM
    I think coastie2679 might have meant 250K-300K to buy it, not the month to month rent or mortgage.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 Jun 2011 02:48 PM
    Damn, I'm losing it! You are probably 1000% right! LOL I know my house in Jersey, the 1700 a month, my landlord paid 675,000 for that house! It sat on a crazy busy road in central Jersey, less than a mile from Rutgers football stadium, across the street from Rutgers basketball arena but it had 3 acres! It was an old house, needed a lot of work, needed new windows and because the basement flooded all the time, we went through 3 furnaces while we had 2 sump pumps running! I just love Jersey... that's why I live in Wisconsin!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    03 Jun 2011 04:19 PM
    I'm still trying to believe that for $600 I can get a 2bed/2bath 1200sq ft apartment with a garage in Alabama. Key west or California that gets you a room in someones house.
    tsmith

--
    03 Jun 2011 06:00 PM
    Posted By coastie2679 on 03 Jun 2011 08:17 AM
    Obviously you all know that Deadliest Catch has CG rescues. My wife was watching an episode of "House Hunters" on HGTV, which feature a Coastie relocating and trying to find a house. I'm amazed at how much you all get for such little money! A 5 bedroom, 2 bath house, with 2 car garage and fully updated only costs about $250-300 in the mid-west. Here (in NJ) that would be $500-600 to start!

Pretty sure that show is about buying a home so add 3 zeros.  I listed my cabin on craiglist for $400 .... it sits on 160 acres with great views of Fairbanks ... the catch ... it's off grid - no electric or plumbing and heat with a wood stove.  That has be at the bottom of the scale for housing.  Imagine waking up in the middle of the night - the fire has gone out and it's -20 inside .... it takes about 20 minutes to get dressed under the covers!

What I really wanted to Post .. I saw Mayday the other night on Discovery.  It came on late but well worth it.  It is an amazing story and for those who have not seen it - It is a must see.  Amazing - all of them of coarse but what that AST did blew me away.  Really brings this whole thread to light.  Wow   

coastie2679

--
    03 Jun 2011 09:30 PM
    Yes - that would be $500,000! Geeze, if we could get something for $500/month I'd be extactic! Our hotel room at the end of July after my graduation is $1000 - and that's just for 3 days!!!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement