Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
June 28 2011
Last Post 14 Jul 2011 01:00 PM by LubberNoMore. 51 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
futurecoastie26

--
03 Feb 2011 12:29 PM
    After 26 years of living as a Coast Guard legacy, I finally have a ship date for BC. Thrilled beyond belief for this opportunity to serve alongside the men and women that I have admired my entire life.
    futurecoastie26

--
    09 Mar 2011 11:23 AM
    Just checking in again. Anyone else for June 28?
    creeshee

--
    09 Mar 2011 03:22 PM
    I find out tomorrow what my ship date will be. Im almost 26 as well, so its nice to know that I might not be the only grandpa in the group, haha.
    Sierra

--
    09 Mar 2011 06:28 PM
    Yes! Shipping 28 June 2011. Air Force though! Lol. Considered the Coast Guard, but I'm going to be a boom operator, KC-135. Go inflight refueling! Much respect to all in the military. Can't wait to do my part. Good luck to you!
    futurecoastie26

--
    15 Mar 2011 07:44 AM
    Thanks! You too Sierra. I have a lot of family in the Air Force. You will be well taken care of.
    svtc99

--
    13 Apr 2011 12:27 AM
    Im shipping out june 28th
    futurecoastie26

--
    14 Apr 2011 05:37 AM
    Sweet! Finally somebody else!
    svtc99

--
    15 Apr 2011 10:57 PM
    so where are you from?
    Sneakerfreak32

--
    16 Apr 2011 11:50 PM
    Shipping also I'm from nj
    futurecoastie26

--
    18 Apr 2011 04:49 AM
    Shipping from DC.

Sending friend requests and PMs
    svtc99

--
    20 Apr 2011 07:35 AM
    Im shipping from jax florida, I have a ways to go haha
    futurecoastie26

--
    03 May 2011 05:11 AM
    We must have a small class. Either that, or a shy class. We have less than 2 months to go. Needless to say, I have been working out on my lunch break and trying to fit in a 1.5 mile run. Pretty hard to squeeze it all into an hour.
    GuardianGuy

--
    08 May 2011 03:30 PM
    I'm shipping June 28th from Louisiana. I'm 27 so I'm glad there are some people near my age in our group.
    futurecoastie26

--
    09 May 2011 04:30 AM
    I'm right there with you man. I'm glad the boot camp haircut is so short... hopefully it will hide the greys.
    svtc99

--
    09 May 2011 11:22 PM
    yeah it definitely would be nice to know how many are in our class.
    svtc99

--
    09 May 2011 11:23 PM
    does anyone else already have their degrees too and are wanting to get into ocs eventually? what rates are you guys looking to get into after basic? I think i want to maybe be an AMT.
    futurecoastie26

--
    10 May 2011 08:19 AM
    I have my degree. Going in as a Reservist and plan to stay enlisted so that I can remain on small boats. I will be a BM and am slated for A-school in October. I needed a bit of adventure in my life.
    GuardianGuy

--
    10 May 2011 05:53 PM
    I also have my degree. I'm going active duty and planning on going ME.
    svtc99

--
    11 May 2011 05:12 AM
    futurecostie how did you get a date for A school already, my recruiter couldn't guarantee A school for anything for me
    futurecoastie26

--
    11 May 2011 07:04 AM
    Because I am a reservist. It is a totally different system. We get all of our training knocked out at once since the Coast Guard isn't our full time job. I don't think you can get A-school guaranteed for anything except FS in you are going active. Maybe if there are other critical ratings. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a nonrate for a while until you get into an A-school. Gets you exposure to all of the different ratings. You may think you like a certain rating now, but once you spend some time as a nonrate, that may change.

On a side note, I think recruiters can guarantee a geographic region. Things change all the time though so what was true yesterday might not be true today. I would just hang loose and enjoy the ride.
    GuardianGuy

--
    11 May 2011 07:10 AM
    Yep, there was a reserve guy at my last meps visit that was going to MK a-school after boot. Part of the deal was that he had a unit already waiting for him. PSU 308 maybe...
    futurecoastie26

--
    11 May 2011 12:27 PM
    You got it man. Reservists fill specific billets at their duty station. For instance, I am filling a BM billet at a small boat station in Virginia. After boot camp I report to that station for 1 drilling weekend and then I am off to BM A-school. Fortunately, BM A-school is only 2 hours away from where I live so I am hoping to see family from time to time.
    clobby

--
    11 May 2011 06:05 PM
    I am supposed to start boot camp on this day. Just had some minor knee stuff, so hopefully it wont delay me. Shipping from Texas. 26 yo
    svtc99

--
    11 May 2011 06:16 PM
    oh ok that makes since. yeah, I will probably do then non rate thing for a while i will have to see. I think A school for AMT is at like an 18 month waitlist right now. Im good with just seeing where I end up though, OCS is my ultimate goal though. I can't believe we have like 6 weeks left its coming fast.
    futurecoastie26

--
    12 May 2011 04:42 AM
    Clobby, we have a bunch of old guys in our group. They must have bunched us all together so they would only have to hand out one set of wheelchairs and oxygen tanks.

So far we've got VA, TX, NJ, FL and LA covered so we are a hodgepodge.
    futurecoastie26

--
    20 May 2011 06:08 AM
    39 days to go
    svtc99

--
    20 May 2011 11:09 PM
    so anyone feel like there ready yet? lol
    GuardianGuy

--
    22 May 2011 02:59 PM
    To be honest, I'm really not sure. I've been working out and learning the required knowledge. Are y'all doing anything particular in terms of fitness? I've been reading the Coast Guard Outlook 2011 trying to get a good idea of the districts and their missions so I can hopefully make some educated choices on my dream sheet.
    futurecoastie26

--
    23 May 2011 05:41 AM
    Still getting ready. Working on getting my mile time lower. GuardianGuy, I have been doing running (pretty straightforward), shoulder workouts, ab workouts and chest workouts. Considering our training will vastly consist of pushups and ab torture, I thought it made sense to concentrate on those areas. Having strong shoulders should help if we have to hold the piece horizontally in front of us for any extended period of time.

When my dad was active duty, we were stationed in Seattle (he was on a polar ice breaker), we lived in Elizabeth City north carolina on the air station there. We lived in Portsmouth, VA as well as Washington, DC while he was at headquarters. The Coast Guard community is very supportive, so no matter where you end up, I guarantee you will not regret your decision. The good thing about the military lifestyle is that you'll get to move in a few years if you aren't totally happy where you are. Heck, you'll get to move in a few years even if you love where you are.

If you have access to a gym, I would recommend taking a spinning class. Apparently the LifeCycle training at boot camp is brutal.
    XWA5004

--
    24 May 2011 08:39 AM
    I just got moved to this ship date. From Florida and am 20 yrs. old (Am I the youngest here?) Nice to meet you all.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement