Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
June 28 2011
Last Post 14 Jul 2011 02:00 PM by LubberNoMore. 51 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
futurecoastie26

--
25 May 2011 06:25 AM
Welcome X. See you in about a month!
XWA5004

--
25 May 2011 11:59 AM
Thanks future coastie, Can't wait to see all my future brothers-in-basic at Cape May.
Matheny314

--
25 May 2011 02:39 PM
Whats up guys, just got my ship date today! Im from san francisco, so far it looks like ill be the youngest im 18. excited to join the crew.
futurecoastie26

--
26 May 2011 05:34 AM
You'll just be running circles around us. Welcome aboard!
futurecoastie26

--
27 May 2011 05:40 AM
Matheny314, I travel out to Los Angeles and San Francisco pretty frequently. I would strongly suggest practicing waking up at 545am on Eastern time and going to bed early for the week before boot camp. The jet lag when I get back to the East Coast always kills me. It would suck for you to be jet lagged at Boot Camp.
USCG*Destin

--
31 May 2011 11:52 PM
Whats up Everybody...My name is Brandon im 25yr shipping active from Destin FL. Less then A month now cant wait!
XWA5004

--
01 Jun 2011 12:54 PM
Welcome Aboard Brandon! You're right it is less then a month left. Always remember why you guys signed up, it'll get us through the dark times not to mention we'll have an entire company of brothers-in-arms ready to back us up So let's give it all we got!
futurecoastie26

--
02 Jun 2011 08:10 AM
Welcome Brandon! If you're like the rest of us, you're sick and tired of pushups and situps already. I was at my in-laws house this weekend and they have a pool so I jumped in the deepend to practice treading water for 5 minutes. All I have to say is that is going to suck after doing the swim circuit. It isn't hard by any means, but it certainly in energy draining. I imagine it being very difficult after doing the swim test.
XWA5004

--
02 Jun 2011 10:40 PM
Hey guys I just did the math and our company should be Juliet 185
futurecoastie26

--
06 Jun 2011 01:42 PM
Sweet! Thanks X. How is everyone doing on their required knowledge?
FutureGuardian25

--
11 Jun 2011 07:48 PM
Hey guys I'm also shipping out on the 28th for active duty from Orlando FL. Almost 2 weeks away now I'm so pumped up! Im 21, but it seems like ive lost a ton of endurance since high school 3 years ago. Can barely finish a mile without having to stop. Any tips on runnning or building my stamina back up? Looking forward to meeting all of you soon.
Qbnate10

--
12 Jun 2011 10:56 AM
Hey Im most likely shipping June 28th as well just gotta hear back about my reservation! I'm only 18 gunna be 19 before we finish am I the youngest one or are there any other of you College teenagers here?
futurecoastie26

--
13 Jun 2011 05:59 AM
futureguardian - interval training will help you build your stamina back up but you're going to have to run at least 4 days a week prior to boot camp for it to take any effect.

1. Do a brisk 5 minute warmup walk to get your heart rate up
2. Run for 60 seconds
3. Walk for 90 seconds
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have either completed 3 miles or gone 30 minutes (not including your warmup). Whichever comes first.
5. Cool down with another 5 minute walk

Do the workout above 3 times a week and the 4th time you run, run a normal pace like you will do at boot camp. Try to be under the 1.5 mile in 12:51 pace. You've got limited time, so I would get started today. DO NOT injure yourself. Take time to stretch thoroughly before AND after you run.

Hopefully this will help! If you are running on a treadmill instead of outside, make sure you set the treadmill to at least a 1% incline.
jim_dunckley

--
15 Jun 2011 12:40 PM
Hey guys. I will also be shipping out the 28th.
futurecoastie26

--
16 Jun 2011 08:36 AM
Welcome aboard Jim. Where are you shipping from?
FutureGuardian25

--
16 Jun 2011 06:28 PM
Hey thanks coastie. Yeah I have been running, but just basically running til exaustion. I will try the interval training this last week before we go. So who else is excited?? Ten more days!
Qbnate10

--
17 Jun 2011 10:30 PM
I'm def going on the 28th now! Shipping from Boston!
hbullard11

--
24 Jun 2011 07:38 PM
Harrison Bullard,
24, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Ship out the 28th
Want to be an AST, but thats a decision I'm going to have to make holding my breath at the bottom of a 20 ft pool for 2 minutes! Open to other ratings tho, excited to get there and see what our Company Commanders have in store for us, I guess we'll all be finding out soon enough!
B.ash11

--
26 Jun 2011 01:40 AM
Shipping out june 28th with you guys I'm 18 from cleveland ohio. Looking to be ME. Or OS. 2 days till we go Getting really nervous
Podmom92

--
26 Jun 2011 08:43 AM
Best of luck to all shipping Tueday  Just remember 'it's only 8 weeks' and you will realize you are capable of so much more than you ever imagined. God bless you and thank you for your service.
Proud UNIFORM 185 Mom
Basic Member
Basic Member
ojrivera

--
26 Jun 2011 10:55 AM
Good luck future shipmates, just remember everyone that loves you will be so proud and you will be so proud of yourself once you've made it through, motivate and help your shipmates at all times.
LubberNoMore

--
14 Jul 2011 02:00 PM
Hello, Recruits of Juliet 185;

By the time you read this though, you will be out of Boot Camp, and not recruits anymore! Anyway, the forum for your ship date (June 28) is now over at the Juliet 185 forum on this site.

The link for that forum is:

http://www.uscg.org/Forum/aft/11008.aspx

See you there!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement