Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
August 2, 2011
Last Post 30 Jul 2011 09:54 AM by jbentley. 30 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
ZShade

--
20 Feb 2011 08:37 PM
    I'm leaving from Erie, Pa on Aug 2nd. It's only three days after my 19th birthday. Anyone else joining me?
    Zocha

--
    28 Feb 2011 08:55 PM
    I am shipping out this day too! From NYC though originally from Minneapolis, MN.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    28 Feb 2011 09:20 PM
    Wouldn't it be funny if you were Zulu Company?! LOL Good luck & congratulations on the ship date.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    sheacg

--
    02 Mar 2011 02:12 PM
    Im also shipping out august 2nd from ny. just passed meps yesterday and swearing into the dep in april up at syracuse. my recruiter said the graduation date is 9/23 but he's not 100% sure yet. anyone shipping this date know for sure?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Mar 2011 02:28 PM
    August 2nd ship date will graduate Sept 23rd, that is correct.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    ZShade

--
    24 Mar 2011 08:24 PM
    Nice! My recruiter said he has two other people shipping that same day. I just got done with DEP last week.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Chisels1

--
    24 Mar 2011 09:03 PM
    ZShade, You DEP'd in, how was it, I mean what did you go through that day? I'm to DEP March 29th and was wondering.
    ZShade

--
    27 Mar 2011 05:24 PM
    Chisels1, when I DEPed in it was boring. U get up with everyone that shipping out and going thru MEPS. You have to let everyone that is shipping has to go first so you have to wait ALOT! I got to MEPS at 0615. Went thought a quick physical done by 0700. Then at 0930, went to talk about my contract one with some lady working there and then talked to my recruiter and then I swear in at 1000. Then, I was done with for the day. Also, you have to swear in again the day you ship.
    When do you ship?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Chisels1

--
    27 Mar 2011 06:01 PM
    ZShade, I ship June 7th and so I may have to wait but thats O.K. I'm glad they will swear in again on Ship Day because my Parents want to be there. I'm driving myself in and my Recruiter may not be there. I'd like him to be there but I'm sure he has much to do.

I'm going to leave early just in case Security decides to frisk my car.
    ZShade

--
    28 Mar 2011 04:23 PM
    Haha it should not. But good luck!
    sean.shannon87

--
    30 Mar 2011 08:27 PM
    Shipping august 2nd from Indanapolis Indiana! been a two year adventure getting prepaired for this moment. Hope to see some of yall.
    nycoastierecruit

--
    06 May 2011 06:32 PM
    im leaving for boot camp on aug 2nd as well out of NYC, oddly enough its been a 2 year wait for me as well. LONG STORY but finally happy that the wait is over.
    nycoastierecruit

--
    06 May 2011 06:39 PM
    if you don't mind me asking what took 2 years
    Zocha

--
    06 May 2011 09:01 PM
    Which recruiting office did you go to in NYC??
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Carissamarie08

--
    07 May 2011 02:12 AM
    Congrats on the ships date. Have fun in boot. It was about 2 years ago for me I was in the same process as you
    nycoastierecruit

--
    07 May 2011 09:22 PM

downtown brooklyn on dekalb right next door to the JR cheese cake place lol.  Bray is my recruiter.

Zocha

--
    07 May 2011 10:22 PM
    cool. mine is the battery park one. do you know if we fly or get a bus from meps to cape may? I am super pumped.
    ZShade

--
    01 Jun 2011 01:22 PM
    Hey, everyone! Ship date is just two shorts months away! And I think we will be Hotel Company.
    jbentley

--
    03 Jun 2011 02:34 PM
    I ship out from Fairfax, VA (Washington D.C.) for basic on August 2, 2011 as well. anyone else in the area shipping this day?
    nycoastierecruit

--
    21 Jun 2011 10:36 PM
    we take the bus. from new york. how are you guys preparing for boot camp? are you running, going to the gym, swimming? anything like that?
    jbentley

--
    26 Jun 2011 04:04 PM
    im running biking and swimming, hitting the gym some but really more focused on just staying lean. trying to eat a little healthier as well but that sometimes proves difficult.
    ZShade

--
    05 Jul 2011 09:51 PM
    Everybody ready for it! Least then one month now!
    nycoastierecruit

--
    08 Jul 2011 03:15 PM
    I am a little nervous about it, but ready none the less. been waiting to go for a long time. i kind of just want it to be over with already.
    ZShade

--
    09 Jul 2011 06:40 PM
    I'm with you. I wish I go right now to get it started!
    sean.shannon87

--
    10 Jul 2011 09:49 PM
    I am now shipping out of lansing michigan. Move back home but i will be there August 2nd non the same. Im sure we will all be getting to know each other quite well.

What are you all doing in preperation for Boot? as far as working out and getting in shape. if you guys havent been hitting it hard i suggest that now is the time to start pushing you're self. i know cause ive been lazy about it. Now i got a few weeks to go and im freaking out about it. lets all make sure we qualify!

Ive been doing push ups, sit up's, pull up's, and running. im going to hit the lap pool from now on everyday i can. to be honest i can imagin what this is going to be like but at the same time i have no idea and wont until there is a drill sargent screaming in my face. excited about it none the less!

First it was Debt. Then it was dental. its been exspensive but the coast guard is where i want to be. took 2 years to pay for or pay it all off but im hear now. very exciting.
    sean.shannon87

--
    10 Jul 2011 09:50 PM
    I am now shipping out of lansing michigan. Move back home but i will be there August 2nd non the same. Im sure we will all be getting to know each other quite well.

What are you all doing in preperation for Boot? as far as working out and getting in shape. if you guys havent been hitting it hard i suggest that now is the time to start pushing you're self. i know cause ive been lazy about it. Now i got a few weeks to go and im freaking out about it. lets all make sure we qualify!

Ive been doing push ups, sit up's, pull up's, and running. im going to hit the lap pool from now on everyday i can. to be honest i can imagin what this is going to be like but at the same time i have no idea and wont until there is a drill sargent screaming in my face. excited about it none the less!

First it was Debt. Then it was dental. its been exspensive but the coast guard is where i want to be. took 2 years to pay for or pay it all off but im hear now. very exciting.
    sean.shannon87

--

sean.shannon87

--

ZShade

--
    13 Jul 2011 05:44 PM
    So, yeah guys I may not be shipping with you guys on this day. I just got seven stitches in my chin from my boat. My recruiter said i may be cutting it to close! I want to ship this day!
    nycoastierecruit

--
    23 Jul 2011 04:35 PM
    yeah... debt can be a HUGE pain in the ass. it took about the same amount of time for me. a while back, my house got broken into when i was living on my own and had just left my job so i could focus on school. long story short it took me a while to find a job and was charging everything to my cards since all my money was stolen. it took me a while to pay it all off. and then there was a small problem with some paperwork. but everything is fine now.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement